What to do if your PayPal is limited!?

samimnoorzaitgc

Hi all,
I have a PayPal account with a budget of >$100. I were browsing with a proxy and suddenly logged into my PayPal with that proxy, and my account got limited after that!
So if it's now limited, It requires to be resolved by linking a Credit Card or a US Bank Account. I don't have access to any of them! So is there any way to get my money out of it?

EpicGlobalWeb

You may have to send it to a trusted friend who can withdraw it for you. If you're desperate for time, you can use it possibly to buy gold from a gold dealer like Apmex or JM Bullion and then turn it into cash from there fairly easily.

Unfortunately PayPal's Nazi practices will require you to eventually handle it according to their terms.

So call them. I happen to know that they strongly discourage their customer service staff to escalate issues beyond "tier 1" after going through this same issue with them over and over again, even just recently. They are a straight up mafia and I urge you to turn to something better like Bitcoin.

Anyway, use their tier 1 discouragements to your advantage and demand a supervisor. Threaten them with a lawsuit - they lost many before and demand access to your money. Don't try to reason with these people as they will flag your account for fraud for no reason. Can you tell I understand yet? Lol.

Alternatively you may be able to beat their system by buying a prepaid PayPal card, register that card, and transfer money to it.

Hawker

Hi all,
I have a PayPal account with a budget of >$100. I were browsing with a proxy and suddenly logged into my PayPal with that proxy, and my account got limited after that!
So if it's now limited, It requires to be resolved by linking a Credit Card or a US Bank Account. I don't have access to any of them! So is there any way to get my money out of it?
I would just give them a call and explain to them what has happened. They actually like it when you call them as it shows you're not someone that doesn't want to speak to them in person on the phone as a lot of scammers are like this. I find that I get matters resolved much quicker with Paypal when I call them but I've had my Paypal account since they day they first begun and they know me by name now.

Just give them a call and explain to them what has happened. Be upfront and honest with them.

I don't get why your account was limited for logging in with a proxy. Unless the IP is on a range they know to be that scammers use. Just tell them that you was using the proxy for something and logged into your paypal with it as you forgot to stop using it. But they may wonder why you was using a proxy in the first place that's why you'd have to tell them what it was you was using it for.

Be honest, be upfront, be ready to answer any questions truthfully. These sorts of things can happen from time to time especially with newer Paypal accounts. Overtime, the more you use your account, the longer you've had it, the less these things will happen and your account wont get limited to quickly and easily.

Ron Killian

Can you really blame them? Would seem like suspicious activity on their end.

And you can't blame them for wanting proof of identity. What bank can you walk into and get a bank account with out providing identification?

Not sticking up for them. I just don't see how their practices to protect their business and their customer accounts as Nazi practices. We would all do the same.

What about a debt card? That's what I've always used to hook up to my account. You say you live in South Dakota, USA. Plenty of banks you can get an account with $25 and get a debt card.

samimnoorzaitgc

I greatly appreciate all posts here. I found the best solution: It's on my mind! Thanks again :thumb:

rrodica6

Far i know being an PayPal old customer, is that you have to add a personal bank account or business bank account.. in other way you can not withdraw the money because the law in USD and Canada to, is that government have the legal rights and access on pay pal accounts to can track your transactions , is about taxes and laundry money to can not done ......

vishwa

Hi all,
You are using proxy to login your PayPal account. Which means that you violate PayPal terms of use. PayPal usually block proxies. Since you don't have any credit card or Bank account of USA than there is no way to recover your account. By the way don't trick PayPal.

nuzzo

Has anyone found a solution to getting a permanently limited PayPal reinstated? I need to accept payments, but PayPal isn't providing much help.

Mike001

I have been using PayPal for well over 10 years and the fact that they monitor the accounts and protect my balances is why I use them as my only payment option on my sites. I appreciate the fact that they protect their customer accounts. After all that is the reason we pay them the fees that we do.

Some of the comments here, you would be the first ones screaming bloody murder if any of your money disappeared by someone accessing your account, and yet when they protect the accounts you call them Nazi practices.

Maybe you should do a little reading on the history of Nazi practices before throwing around such an incendiary comment. That comment was completely uncalled for.

Threatening lawsuits will probably get you nowhere and will mostly likely raise red flags with their customer service people. When a customer brings up lawsuits in my business, I immediately stop talking with them and turn the whole situation over to our legal department. I would not want to say anything that could jeopardize my position and I am sure as big as PayPal is they have briefed their representatives the same way.

Hostility in business normally solves nothing.

I have had to deal with their customer service over the years and they have always been informed and very willing to assist their users. Like was said in an earlier post be up front and honest with them on the questions they ask and you should not have any issues. Even when I have lost a little money from an account they did all they could to recoup that loss.

In my opinion they are an excellent organization and have opened up an excellent and secure payment gateway that has opened up the world to many eCommerce businesses.

It clearly states in the PayPal TOS what not to do when connecting to their service.

Talk to them and be honest, I am sure if you explain what happened they will help you clear it up...

It's like I always tell my students.... "If you have nothing to hide ..... don't hide nothing...."

Harry P

Hi all,
Contact Paypal support and they can solve your problem.
Has anyone found a solution to getting a permanently limited PayPal reinstated? I need to accept payments, but PayPal isn't providing much help.
To be honest, my Paypal account has been limited once in the past and the simplest thing you can do to remove limitations on your PP account is contact Paypal support, they will investigate your account and let you know what they can do.

For me my account came back to normal after 2 days contacted their support.

squeeze

There is no problem when you put all correct information bout yourself and link your credit,debit card.In our company we use paypal also and iv'e use it since now.One time iv'e encountered about this limited problem in paypal i contact their support and they give me instruction how to solved it.Paypal for now is very strict for individual account yes they're investigating for those suspicious account.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.