How fast do you respond to letters or emails?

Harry P

When someone emails you or leaves a comment on your site or forum, how quickly do you respond?

Do you respond to that for more hours or you response immediately when you see it? Or do you put it off or only handle them during certain times of the day? Does it make a different what kind of email it is a complaint, compliment, or just for discussion's sake?

RDO Servers

It depends on what it is in regards to.

If it is a message from a customer needing support, we of course have support that handles these immediately 24/7.
If it is a sales message, we answer these ASAP, but are not 24/7.

A message from someone on a forum or blog, well it depends. If I don't have a lot going on, I will respond as soon as I can. If I am busy, it may be a few hours or even days.

GoodListBuilder

It would all depend on how busy you are and the nature of the email. I find that the quicker you answer someone the happier they are. I have had several good comments from people when I have responded within a couple of hours, because they are so used to not getting a response for days, if at all. Obviously customer support would be a priority, but if you have the time I would suggest you respond to people as soon as possible.

velvet

Hi Harry P,
I always do things like that ASAP.

In fact, when running my studio in earlier times my policy was to do whatever task came in directly.

If I put it off, there would be another job come in right on top of it for sure.

Get it done, and then have your cuppa!

cheers, Mal.

Ron Killian

As already mentioned, it depends on the communication.

I don't have a forum so no answer for that one.

For my blog comments, I try to reply as soon as I can.

My biggest priority is my paying customers and potential paying customers. I always respond as quick as possible. Often times in a matter of minutes. Actually many people seemed to be surprised at a quick response, maybe because so many places/marketers respond slowly?

And responding quickly has brought more business, happens all the time. Plus I think some people just want to be reassured a real helpful person is behind the site. Helps build trust I believe.

ulterios

Some good advice/input from the others above. As for myself, I always try to reply/respond to every message, comment, e-mail, etc. as soon as I see it unless there is a good reason that I can't. I don't like to leave things hanging there personally.

I am always short on time, but I always make time to reply/respond as soon as possible. Sometimes there are things that might be causes for a bit of a delay, but as a general rule most things are replied/responded to ASAP. :)

MrT

I like to respond as soon as I reasonably can.

You shouldn't overthink this though, not responding isn't going to make you seem like you're "in demand".

I try to respond as soon as I see an email or comment, or any kind of message. I've also noticed that when I put it off until later, later comes around and I've forgotten all about it.

Just yesterday I was cleaning out my emails to try and stay organized. I had quite a few emails I put off until later... well, turns out I never responded, forgot they even emailed in the first place.

Moral of the story... don't put things off that you can easily do right now.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.