First steps before you start affiliate marketing

rainmaker11

Hey Guys,

I am a blogger and learning ways to earn money online and I know a little bit to get traffic to my blog or website based on promotion methods.

I know how to promote by forum marketing or guest blog posts. Recently I am learning affiliate marketing to make money from it.

As a newbie what are first steps before start affiliate marketing that I need to follow?

khassani

Hello,

Well, the first step you need to take when starting affiliate marketing is to join an affiliate network. There are literally hundreds of affiliate programs online (Clickbank, Commission junction, Amazon associates.....). One good method to find an affiliate program related to your niche is to Google and Type: 'Niche' + Affiliate programs

Once you subscribe with an affiliate program you can search for offers to promote on your blog and make commissions each time one of your visitors takes an action (Sale, fill up a form,....).

All the best !

Alex July

The first step is to specify your goal.
What exactly are you willing to achieve? You wanna build a list? Specify!
Determine the exact amount of subscribers, the amount of money you are ready to invest and so on.
Action without planning is the direct road to procrastination and frustration.
It is not about marketing, it is about psychology. But you are willing to achieve success, right? So start planning, and feel free to share your plans with us.

Hawker

The first thing to do IMHO (and this comes from years of experience) is to pick something you actually care about!

Pick a product that is close to your heart, something you have a lot of interest in and passion for.

So many Affiliate Marketers start off trying to promote a great product but their passion isn't within it.

After a while, they get disheartened, loose interest and end up wasting their time. Especially when the sales don't come in thick and fast!

So my pearls of wisdom to any newbie affiliate marketer is to always promote products/offers etc that you are most interested in and have the most knowledge on.

That way, when it comes to you writing articles or content on that subject, you wont get burned out so easily because you're passionate about it.

That will also reflect in the quality of content you write on that said subject and will show through and make you a true authority in your niche.

You'll believe in that product and have a far far greater chance of being successful with it.

Nobody was ever successful doing something they didn't believe in or have much interest in, passion for.

So Alex is right, it's a psychological thing. It's not just about copying someone else's success, although that is a good thing to do.

It's about being passionate about and believing in the products/services you are promoting/marketing/selling.

Use this rule of thumb when thinking about affiliate marketing and you will see a better success rate.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.