What frustrates you most about email marketing?

Alex July

Traffic, traffic, traffic. To make money you need traffic. The more money, the more traffic.
It takes money to by traffic, it takes money make money.
It is difficult to start investing in buying traffic, if you are a beginners, especially if you are on a low budget.
If there were an opportunity to get 1000 targeted subscribers for free, I think, it would be the best gift for a beginner.
I am not frustrated at all, but I know that a lot of marketers are struggling with free traffic sources. But there are no free traffic sources. In order to get traffic from YouTube, you have to make videos. Facebook? First establish yourself as an interesting person.
It takes time!
Free traffic from forums. Ok, here I am, and I have a link in a description below my posts. How do you think, is it a free traffic sources? It is. But how much time does it take to write a message like this one?
It takes, let's say, 5 minutes.
12 messages an hour.
Is it possible to get at least one e-mail subsribers? I don't know.
So, forums, YouTube, Twitter are good traffic sources, but they are not free.

I think, misunderstanding of "free traffic sources" concept is what frustrates a lot of marketers.

douglasltc

To me, the hardest part about e-mail marketing is to get subscribers on my list in the 1st place. Building good landing page with good Front End offer (with backend offer as well) is not as easy as it sounds. If you are using paid traffic, then these elements are important to help you reduce the cost of getting a subscriber.

Hope this helps.

douglasltc

Traffic, traffic, traffic. To make money you need traffic. The more money, the more traffic.
It takes money to by traffic, it takes money make money.
It is difficult to start investing in buying traffic, if you are a beginners, especially if you are on a low budget.
If there were an opportunity to get 1000 targeted subscribers for free, I think, it would be the best gift for a beginner.
I am not frustrated at all, but I know that a lot of marketers are struggling with free traffic sources. But there are no free traffic sources. In order to get traffic from YouTube, you have to make videos. Facebook? First establish yourself as an interesting person.
It takes time!
Free traffic from forums. Ok, here I am, and I have a link in a description below my posts. How do you think, is it a free traffic sources? It is. But how much time does it take to write a message like this one?
It takes, let's say, 5 minutes.
12 messages an hour.
Is it possible to get at least one e-mail subsribers? I don't know.
So, forums, YouTube, Twitter are good traffic sources, but they are not free.

I think, misunderstanding of "free traffic sources" concept is what frustrates a lot of marketers.
Agree...traffic is NEVER free ...either you pay with time or money. Maybe a better way to define FREE traffic is to look at it from the point of investment. Example - Create a Sales Funnel (Front End/Upsells/Downsells/Autoresponder series). Then send paid traffic to it. At the end of a fix time, say 30 days....evaluate your expenses versus your revenue. In theory, if that amounts to ZERO, that would be FREE traffic. On top of that, your email list would consists of BOTH Buyers and Subscribers which is way more valuable than just subscribers.

Hope this is helpful.....

What is the hardest part about getting subscribers? Is it not knowing who they are? It is not being able to find them when you do know who they are? Is there another barrier such as cost?
I guess to clarify...if you have loads of $$ to spend, then building a list of subscribers is not an issue. But most marketers (especially beginners) are in the early stages of their journey with limited budget. That is why FREE traffic seems so attractive. The other issue is to be able to segment your subscribers once you have them. Can be done using questionaires that would help determine what their issues are for example. This would help increase your conversion % because you would be able to target the right solutions to the right group of people.

Hope this is helpful.

Princety

The hardest part for me would be the statistics. It gets frustrating if the list is still small looking at open and click rates. Sometimes i wonder if it really has an effect to deliverability before it gets momentum. And of course, quality leads too

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.