Ads on groups/pages?

bobrock4

I read it is possibile to target ads for interests and not for users of single groups/pages except when I'm the owner/administrator of these ones. Is it correct?

Thanks to all

Hawker

Well it is possible to target ads by interest yes. And that applies for owners of pages. And that would only apply IF you ARE the owner of that Page you are advertising.

But even if you don't own a Page and aren't advertising that Page you can still target your ads by interest.

Where did you read that? In future, when asking a question based on something you've read, please try to include a link to what it was you read so it can be verified.

Why are you asking this question? How is it relevant to what you are trying to do?

bobrock4

Hi Hawker, thank you for your reply.

I read this in the Facebook instructions about advertising.

My goal is to target ads to specific groups/pages on Facebook. I mean Facebook groups/pages not clusters of users segmented by interests.

For example those subscribed to the group of the Hospital of (name_of_the_hospital). Or those fans of a specific page.

I understood that this goal is not reachable on Facebook, but it's only possible to deliver ads to users segmented by their interests. If I'm wrong please inform me.

Thanks and regards

Hawker

I see, yes that's correct in that you are able to target people by interests in the Connections field in the Advert Manager when you are creating the ad.

With it you can reach people who have a specific kind of connection to your Page, app or event.

This narrows your audience to include only people with that specific interest but who also meet any other targeting filters that you've selected.

It is not possible to target users who are a fan of another specific Page no.

What you can do though is set the official Page your Page is about or set your Page's Preferred Page Audience.

It's not quite the same thing and that only puts a link to that official page on your Page and limits the reach of your Page by those users only.

But in short your correct in that you cannot do that and segmenting users by interest is the only option.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bobrock4

bobrock4

bobrock4
I have understood that I'm not able to do what I'd like to do. Nevertheless I kindly ask to you to explain these steps in other words. I'm not sure to have well understood.

Thanks again

Hawker

What you can do though is set the official Page your Page is about or set your Page's Preferred Page Audience.
Facebook may suggest your Page to people they the visit and use other similar Pages related to yours. In turn, they show similar Pages to yours on your Page

To turn that on:

1. Go to your Page.
  2. Click on Settings link.
  3. Click on Similar Page Suggestions.
  4. Tick the checkbox and save your settings.
All it does it put a link to the actual official page that your page is about, under your Pages Title.
So if your Page is about Hilton Hotels. It could say something like

BestHiltonHotels.com
Community Page about [INSERTS THE OFFICIAL PAGE LINK HERE] (to the official Hilton Hotel Facebook Page) for example.

Understand? :)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.