Any tips to manage multiple sites effectively?

miken

I have three websites at this time and also wanted to open some new sites, the first one is a personal blog, the second one is a make money blog and third one is a wordpress blog (selling WP themes, plugins..). All of three are Wordpress sites. Please give me some tips to manage multiple sites effectively?

EpicGlobalWeb

What kind of management do you require? Do you want to be able to post to all three of them at the same time? And their social media accounts?

If you can be more specific I can help better. However, a custom solution might be necessary for you.

Reactions: miken

miken

miken
It's exact what I wanted to say.

It's all about time and work to do on multi sites.

For example, I should create separated social account for each website or using a social account for all?

Posting content to all websites with same amount of content or posting more to websites that getting good traffic..etc?

Also improve the work better to make good income on all sites.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
I might be able to help you build a custom solution as I am a web developer But there may be solutions available already once we talk specifics. I've messaged you my contact info. There's no obligation but its good to get a sound strategy.

Hawker

Well, you could make them multisite which would allow them all to share a single WordPress installation, but it's a bit harder to set up if its not setup from the start.

When the multisite feature is activated, the original WordPress site can be converted to support a network of sites.

See the WP Codex for creating a Network which explains more about the pros/cons, how it works and how to go about it.
Code:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
However, as you only have 3 sites. It might not be worth doing and may as well just keep them all separate.

I sometimes manage up to 50 WP sites as have done for years. Some I've had for years, some I flip.

So keeping them separate makes it easier come flip time.

But each to their own. :)

Reactions: miken

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
That is really impressive. You must have made a good fortune this way and I congratulate you (no sarcasm). Hard enough for me to manage 2 sites.

Hawker

Not as much as I was making 5 odd years ago.
Back then it was sooo easy to rank a site during "the good ol' days".
Or at least, you never had to do as much.
You could rank a site with just onpage SEO.
Back when social bookmarking could get a site on 1st page of SERP and "do the trick" and that was about it.

That was when I bought 2 .info's for $5 and sold them for £50k 6 months later.

After that, I basically sold off most of my sites as didn't really need them any more.

Bloody wish I'd kept them now LOL

But its really not that hard to manage that many sites, especially today when they more manage themselves with auto updates of everything.

The only issue is, al them renewals which can be quite costly if you have that many sites to renew every year.

Specially when renewal is around $10 today, so thats like 50x10=500 so you need to be making that much a year from them at least just to break even.

But hey if you can't make 500+ a year from 50 sites, you're in the wrong game man.

AndiLim

Create a calendar schedule like for example on this day you will focus on your personal blog, then the next day will the money blog, then the wordpress selling blog you have there. On the calendar you can write what will be posted on a day, make it on a monthly basis so you will have an effective guide, lastly don't forget to incorporate your blog with your social media channels or create a page. Proper time management will surely work. Good luck :)

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
This is a fantastic way to organize the goals but it May not solve the problem when he starts to manage more sites than there are days.

Unknown

Hey Miken,

since you said that all three of your websites are WordPress ones, have you ever tried the ManageWP plugin? It should be a pretty good solution for your problem. It's basically a management dashboard for all of your WordPress websites. So you'd be able to manage all three websites from a single dashboard. It has many amazing features and even allows a high level of automatization.

I hope that this helps ;)

DanielN

To be honest the simplest solution for me was to simply keep my information as organized as possible. I have around 10 websites most of them WordPress and it made my process actually simpler keeping the installations separately.
I have no insight what will happen once I would get to 20-30+ websites thought.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies