How to register DMCA and report a site to Google DMCA?

Harry P

As title mentioned, How to register DMCA and report a site to Google DMCA?

If Google approves my request then what will be happened for sites was reported? banned from Google search results? will Google remove duplicated content from reported sites or decreasing keyword rankings on those sites?

SEOPub

First of all, a simple Google search will show you how to file a report. Google can choose to act on it or they can choose to ignore it. Honestly, if you have a legit complaint, I would file it with the website's registrar and hosting company. They are much more likely to take action, IF you have a legit complaint.

For the most part, Google really doesn't care.

Hawker

As title mentioned, How to register DMCA and report a site to Google DMCA?

If Google approves my request then what will be happened for sites was reported? banned from Google search results? will Google remove duplicated content from reported sites or decreasing keyword rankings on those sites?
Well you send a DMCA take down notice to their host.

You need a reason though such as plagiarized content.

Here's a sample DMCA take down letter to use

Code:
http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/07/06/sample-dmca-take-down-letter/id=4501/
And here's a form to submit the notice. It will cost you though.

Code:
https://www.dmca.com/FAQ/What-is-a-DMCA-Takedown

Developer

All of your DMCA questions, and more, can be answered simply by visiting http://www.dmca.com

Any answers posted here at WMS would most likely be copied and reworded from that site anyway.

Registering with the DMCA is quick and easy to do. So if filing your first complaint, however,
as Hawker already mentioned, lodging complaints do cost a fee (first one each year is free
though, if you're registered with them and it pertains to the site your registered to...)

RDO Servers

There is no reason to use DMCA.com

DMCA (the law, not the website) is a legal act in the USA allowing you protect your own content. You can submit a DMCA notice directly to the hosting provider of the offending website.

By USA law, the host has to act, and you do not have to pay a fee.

HOWEVER!

If you file a DMCA notice against badwebsite.com and their hosting provider removes the reported content from the users account. Then the website owner proves they have a legal right to use the content, the host may replace the content previously removed and you can face a lawsuit from the website owner...

Make sure you review the Digital Multimedia Copyright Act fully and consult with your attorney before proceeding.

Hawker

Yes there is no need to use DMCA.com just send the websites host a DMCA takedown notice!

That's why I provided that sample DMCA take down letter.

A DMCA takedown notice is a BIG thing to web hosts.

Most of them will simply remove the site straight away rather than face and go through long, lengthy, complicated legal processes, paperwork, lawyer fees etc etc etc.

I've used it before in the past (had 2 of my sites cloned) and both times the sites disappeared into thin air!

I even managed to find the Skype ID of the 2nd one, added him up and then asked him if the site was his, he said yes and I asked why he cloned my site.

Quite funny really, his reply was "sorry".

LOL

That was for a monster high games arcade. Still up today.

The other was for a much bigger site but worked both times and I think it was because as I said, most hosts don't want to get involved with defending a DMCA notice and would rather just pull the site. Especially if its just a blatant rip off of yours anyway!

Just whois the domain, find the host, send the DMCA notice. Wait.

Site should be gone within 24 hours.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads