Are bloggers buying comments?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
I have visited a few blogs recently that I found that some blogs are getting quality comments while some are not. that made me suspicious, bloggers are controlling comments on their blogs or it came from their traffic naturally?
Are bloggers buying comments? any thoughts?

Developer

In a society (be it an online society) where we have:

forum owners buying members and posts
facebook users buying likes
twitter users buying followers
website owners buying video testimonials

One should be barely surprised when they realize some
bloggers buy comments...

It's becoming as popular as the list I posted above.

I visited a site a few weeks back and it had a slew of
comments throughout it's blog. Yet, when I checked
Alexa and Google, the site had NO alexa ranking and
no links in Google, AND, the domain he was using had
been registered just 2 weeks prior, LOL...

When using sneaky tactics such as this, you'd think the
owner would be a little wiser... Guess that's what I get
for thinking, eh? LOL.

SIDE NOTE:
I am not claiming that the sites you have visited are in
fact purchasing those comments. I'm simply asnwering
your "Are bloggers buying comments?" question...

Ron Killian

While I am sure there might be some bloggers buying comments, from my experience, many of the do not. Least the ones I've frequented. Many of them get comments the old fashioned way by commenting on other related blogs and by networking.

It's not difficult at all to get a good number of comments to your blog. Yes it is time consuming, but very possible.

Obviously, when you comment on other blogs, often the blog owner will feel the need to reciprocate, and of course most of them are also looking to get traffic from commenting and looking to network themselves.

So, age of site or Alexa rank doesn't mean anything if you put in the effort and comment yourself. You could put up a brand new blog tomorrow, doing some heavy commenting and in a day or two have a good amount of comments.

I've done it, it works. Though I am sure some may argue if it's worth the time investment. Jury is still out for me as well.

Plus there is the networking. Build up some contacts, make friends, and they could be a quick flow of comments to a new blog, future blog posts, ect.

There is one other side effect of commenting, you can build up a group of people who happily share your content on social media. It's worked for me. Now, if I was just more consistent :)

I can almost guarantee, in most cases, the blogs without comments are not out commenting themselves.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.