Managed VPS or 3rd Party VPS Hosting Management Service?

Dopani

I'm not a hosting expert hence managing an unmanaged VPS is pretty difficult for me.

I think it's better to find a service like this, buy an unmanaged VPS from a provider you like and finding a hosting expert to manage it for you. What do you guys think?

Managing your VPS by yourself (unmanaged VPS) or your provider (managed VPS) or hiring an expert to manage for you (unmanaged VPS). Which is more advantages? why?

Localnode

Honestly - if the price was good I would choose the host for management.
However, there's nothing wrong with 3rd party management - so long as you choose a good provider, that is.

Some 3rd party management companies might do more than the hoster would in terms of help. Some hosts may not help you with (for example only) rsyncing data from one server to another - the 3rd party might.

Up to you really. The more important thing, though, is do you want reactive or proactive management?

Reactive - when you ask they will do security updates.
Proactive - they will do security updates without you asking.

RDO Servers

Getting server management from your hosting provider is usually the best way to go. This way your support team can handle all issues, even network/datacenter issues directly without having to open a ticket to someone else.

However, if your host does not provide quality support, then there is nothing wrong with using server management from someone else. We actually provider server outsourced server management for customers that get there Servers elsewhere. Even a few hosting companies use our techs for their support. ;-)

~David

laceibanet

managed servers aren't that expensive really. Price for a webmaster or sysadmin would be much higher than what you would pay the hosting company to manage it.
You would have more control over the sysadmin you choose to hire, that's for sure, but you gotta look at the pros and cons. Going for the hosting company's managed server would be most recommended

hmb-robert

Purchasing a Managed server is always better rather than using third party management services for your server. Your hosting provider gives you quality support for your server.

SenseiSteve

Of the two, I would generally recommend using the provider's managed services. From the pricing I'd seen, they're not that costly from a large number of well known providers.

vps9

I would suggest you to select managed VPS If you are using VPS for the first time. Where most of the hosting providers will offer Free cPanel and Free management service with Managed VPS. Even you will get Management support addon for some unmanaged VPS services.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.