How often do you back up your website?

miken

Hi!
I am finding ways to backup my websites including wordpress and non WordPress sites and just installed Updraft Plus for WP
Just curious how often do you back up your website? daily or in a schedule?

ulterios

Hi Miken,

Backing up sites for me is determined by the type of site and how often there are changes make to the site. I always try to back up my sites daily that have daily changes, weekly that have less frequent changes. If I have a site that gets a lot of changes daily or other reasons to backup more frequent then I will do multiples per day.

Each site is reviewed and analyzed then a schedule is set up accordingly based on the data and research I have done.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

ProxyRadar

Depending on how often your content or scripts are updated. Sometimes, for intensive renewable sites, it is necessary to make full backups daily, and additionally backing up some database tables every hour.

vishwa

I am using backup buddy plugin for my WordPress blog to take frequent backups. Back ups makes you feel safe with our site. If your site have any issues you can restore it later without any issues.

DavidFeldman

I would never consider using a host that doesn't backup everything daily. It's easy and inexpensive and there's no reason not to, and every reason yes to.

Reactions: OnaDavney

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
True, but I would still recommend users to make and keep their own backups.

Way too many times, we have tried to help customers when their previous host closed down in the middle of the night and left them with nothing. If you don't have your own backups, your out of luck.
When Arvixe was acquired by EIG and moved to their datacenter, there were lots of customers who's live data was lost, then found the hard way that the backups we'rent being taken as promised either!

Play it say, always have your own backups!

DavidFeldman

True, but I would still recommend users to make and keep their own backups.
Yes, absolutely--I agree and should have mentioned that.

Way too many times, we have tried to help customers when their previous host closed down in the middle of the night and left them with nothing. If you don't have your own backups, your out of luck
Yes, we are also familiar with this problem of other hosts mysteriously losing all backups just when the live server dies. :(

wmguides

I usually try to do it every time I update my sites. I do it with the backup option in Cpanel and other options.

Importance of Backup:

Backup and nobackup will result in two things if the data lost.
Backup = Thanks to backup no worries.
No Backup = Total loss of time, money, efforts of many months or years.

DarnelWhite

UpdraftPlus Backup & Restoration is an amazing plugin. I would say backing up your site on a schedule. Depends on the level of site you manage. If your site is always getting updates, daily is best my friend.

Localnode

R1Soft - Every 30 minutes. Retention is 1 week. Off-site.
Amazon S3 (cPanel in-built) Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. 1 year retention. Also off-site.

If you run cPanel - the Amazon S3 backup tool is incredibly useful.
R1Soft is also great. Rental licenses are quite cheap - and you can easily backup to an off-site storage VPS.

MechanicWeb-shoss

Hi!
I am finding ways to backup my websites including wordpress and non WordPress sites and just installed Updraft Plus for WP
If you are using a reseller hosting, WHMEasyBackup may be an option for you. If you are on a shared hosting, manual backups are the best. And everytime run a test to see if the backups are good or corrupted. It'll do not good if you have a corrupted backup when you are in need.

For most of the sites I backup daily. On a server it is very easy with R1Soft. However, for some sites the backup frequencies are much higher. It all depends on how important and busy your websites are.

Equady

I back up my website on monthly basis. Otherwise, whenever I feel like it.

Talaa

Personally, I back up my WordPress site at least once a day. This can help me minimize data loss when I restore my site. However, daily backup is not the ideal frequency for all websites. Different types of websites require backups created at different frequencies. The backup frequency depends on how often you are making changes to your site. Plus, you have to consider a balance between minimizing data loss and not consuming too much resource of your server. Backing up more frequently but inefficiently may affect your site’s performance. On the other hand, backing up infrequently, like fortnightly or monthly, may cause the substantial amount of data loss. But dont worry, the backup schedule of most WordPress backup plugins on the market cover the different backup frequencies. I have tried some WordPress backup plugins, and my favorite ones are Updraftplus and WPvivid Backup/Restore because they have the flexible backup schedule for various requirements. They both support manual and scheduled backups, you can create scheduled backups every 12 hours, daily, weekly, fortnightly, and monthly. Moreover, the free version of both of them cover the backup and restore features.

spoorti1509

Well prefer backup buddy plugin which i personally using for my WordPress blog to take frequent backups and other website I backup daily and I advise you to do always external backup so that you no need to dependent from your web hosting company

Traffic

Just a tip unless you have some nice politically motivated hacker that only uploads a new index you can't fix your site with ease. Chances are you will actually need a fresh install. When you get taken out it is generally done right. If your going to do back ups make them so you can use them. Wind back features can assist but you need to be saving everything you can.

MovelikeJackson

Daily!! you never know when you might need a backup, I even have and excel sheet to track my updates so I would knew specifically when I changes something it is more convenient to me like this.

Scopehosts

Hi!
Take weekly backup of your website data. This is helpful to restore the entire data if your website security is compromised. Whenever your website is updated, do not forget to take the full backup.

With Managed Wordpress Hosting, Scopehosts handles all the backup for you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.