Ranking in Google doesn't matter much

karmadir

Hi All,

I have a question, do you think that Google is less important in terms of powering online campaign since the arrival of FB?

I think it is less important now.

What do you think?

Please reply.

PTTed

I don't think Google is any less important than it was, if anything it is more powerful than ever simply because of the volume of searches.

The type of traffic you get from Facebook and the type of traffic you get from Google are usually different anyway. With Google (if you target the right keywords) you can more easily target people who are very close to making a purchase. With Facebook, most of your traffic is going to be farther away from making a purchase decision. So in the case of Google you are able to more easily bring in buying traffic than you are with Facebook. In terms of generating instantaneous buying traffic, Google has always been and continues to be a gold mine.

ericplotz1

I'm not sure on the source of traffic you are referring to. Are you meaning Google organic and Facebook pages/groups traffic? Or are you referring to advertising?

If you have a targeted FB page with REAL fans, you can do quite well with the FB traffic. Google is still king because obtaining ranking puts you in front of anyone in the SEs sending out a query for your keywords.

In terms of advertising it vastly depends on the niche with FB. I like the ability to narrow down by interests, buying behaviors, income earning, and etc... when I have a company with a higher end product.

For instance theres a new travel company coming out that we are somewhat handling marketing for. Just FB and YouTube campaigns. Their typical customer had an annual income above $250k. Facebook settings allow me to target this group.

Reactions: Harry P

MrT

MrT
I agree with you, advertising on FB is great, and I like it for the same reasons you mentioned. However, I think just with a FB page, with real fans, it still isn't nearly as beneficial as what Google could bring in terms of traffic.

Of course, all this depends on different moving variables.

The problem I have with Facebook, is you can spend money and build up your page, but your organic reach within FB is what? 2% or so of your total fans?

Not worth it to me!

In terms of advertising... FB is pretty darn cool.

Hawker

do you think that Google is less important in terms of powering online campaign since the arrival of FB?
What do you mean by "powering online campaign since the arrival of FB (facebook)?

Can you clarify what you mean by "online campaign". Do you mean by using Google Adwords?

Your post doesn't make much sense to me as you're not really being clear as to what you mean specifically.

Google isn't any "less" or "more" important regardless to Facebook.

If you rank a site high on Google then you don't really need Facebook.

Facebook is just a tool to use like anything else.

But whether Facebook exists or not, it makes no difference to how valuable Google is.

John Galt Steel

I'm new and learning but I would say it Google is more important because they have added Google merchant and most brick & mortar internal business internet fire walls BLOCK facebook and You tube so those employees can't shop your products while at work.

Tonysanders

We have many social media sites now. Don't care about organic traffic. GOOGLE is getting harder and harder. You need to write consistent and Great content. moreover build quality backlinks.

smcquade

Both google and facebook can be great; however, both have different purposes and shouldn't really be compared (if you're talking about organic google rankings). However, if you're talking about google ads, they are also still great and work well with facebook ads for re-targeting.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.