Text links vs image links, which is more valuable for SEO?

Nemanja

Premium Member
As title mentioned, I would like to hear you SEO guys' opinions here about value of image links vs text links. Which is better? why?

khassani

As title mentioned, I would like to hear you SEO guys' opinions here about value of image links vs text links. Which is better? why?
Hi,

I would say text links have more value than image links simply because you can use keywords your trying to rank for as an anchor text. This however, image links still have some good value especially if they're coming from authority websites.

All the best!

KristinaRoy

Text links are more valuable in point of SEO but position of text link like in sidebar, within the paragraph, starting of the sentence, end of the sentence etc. also does matter. Text links can be Dofollow or Nofollow as well. Therefore it is valuable.

MrT

The easy answer is.... the one that brings you more traffic directly. heh.

Really though, it depends.

An image link that fits with the context and adds relevance is much better than a text link with lower relevance. Generally speaking though, the text link is what people prefer since you can add your own context within context.

HCFGrizzly

Text links with rich anchor text pass on more relevancy than an image with alt text. That being said, I would not pass up a link from a high authority site just because it's an image, those links still pass PageRank and have value.

sulbha

hi
Text is well understood by search engines, images are not. If you use images for important links on your page, they might not be understood or recognized as well as text is. So Text link is More valuable rather than image link.

designstoredxb

Of course text link is more valuable as compared to image. As text links are read by the search crawler just like normal text but images and flash are not recognized by the crawler the reason why it is highly effective to use keyword rich anchor text in a website to make it easy understandable for the crawler.

samimnoorzaitgc

Text links with rich anchor text pass on more relevancy and has more SEO value. If there are 250 characters at both sides of the link, it'll give more value counting the characters as relevant content.

javievardy

Text links have more valuable than image links . Because text links have the power to increase the ranking on google ranking.

stephanieandrea63

Of course, Text Links with an anchor text are much more valuable than image links, while image links still give value. Not to just focus on text links only, get some image links as well when necessary.

learn2do

Text links is well understood by Google, image links are not. If you use image links for important links on your page, they might not be understood or recognized as well as text links are.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.