Changes in Google SERP's this weekend

expmrb

I am seeing massive changes in the Google SERP's this weekend from 25th Feb precisely.
Few of my keywords which was ranking in the first page has now get ranked in 3rd or 4th page. But some of the other keywords which are not even ranked previously now they are getting ranked in the first page. And this isn't just it these rankings are changing everyday even till today..
Has anyone in this forum seeing this kind of changes too?

expmrb

My site is not new one..It has hundreds of pages indexed and ranked.

Steve32

I am seeing massive changes in the Google SERP's this weekend from 25th Feb precisely.
Few of my keywords which was ranking in the first page has now get ranked in 3rd or 4th page. But some of the other keywords which are not even ranked previously now they are getting ranked in the first page. And this isn't just it these rankings are changing everyday even till today..
I felt that while seeing more sites are decreasing traffic.

It happened with all your keywords ranked on first page of Google?

savidge4

There was an adwords update on the 23rd.. it specifically targeted CTR of ad AND organic results from what I am seeing the most drastic changes are in mid to high competition terms, and didn't effect local / geo search from what I have seen. ( I only deal in a few more than a couple local markets so take that for what it is )

I have also noticed a pattern in sites listed in both the mobile and desktop algo's ( responsive design ) getting hit a bit more drastically than say a desktop only site, or a separate mobile / desktop combination. haven't had time to REALLY look at that, but is something I have noticed.

SO I am guessing you are in a now what situation... were you using your description tags? ( the few places I lost rank, the pages did not have description tags in use ) Again really have not had time to REALLY look at this yet, just stating some patterns I have seen.

hope that helps

expmrb

expmrb
One thing I have to agree with you that the keywords which varying are most of high comp and the rest are of mid comp. Surprisingly, some high competition keywords were not even ranked before but now they are.

SERP's are still fluctuating so I think I have to wait.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.