Best ways to place affiliate links in Youtube videos?

Harry P

I have just created a video for Youtube, in order to promote my an Amazon affiliate product. I am going to place my affiliate links down in the description box of the video to direct potential customers to my site if they want to buy the product.

But I don't know whether to place the link first in the description box, or last, or after the explanation of the product and all of its features. Which would be best ideas here?

elcidofaguy

Why not do both? I normally place the link at the very beginning as the description by default only shows an excerpt... You want to make it as easy as possible for people to see the link and click on it... Placing it also towards the end as a reminder is also okay...

Developer

Developer
I would second this recommendation as that is exactly how I post all of my videos. Once at the very beginning so it is visible without needing to click on the "+More" link as well as either within the content of the description or at the end of the description.

As Elcidofaguy stated: "You want to make it as easy as possible for people to see the link and click on it"... (and placing both beginning and end) ensure maximum exposure for you and your link.

Mark Young

Place the link to your website in the beginning of the description.

chongjasmine

I will recommend placing it at the top and end.
If you must choose one, top.

Mick M

Here's something you can try.. but do check the Youtube ToS first because I haven't, and it might be a grey area.

1. Add your domain name as an approved website.

2. Then install a plugin like Pretty Links, or a similar like Easy Affiliate Links.

3. Add your affiliate link to the plugin, so you get something like: yoursite.com/affiliatepromo

4. You can now add this link to your annotations or cards on your Youtube video.

Again, please check that this is allowed because I don't know if it is.. I'm just shooting from the hip here.

simonto

I agree with MickM.
I learned the Youtube not allow add affiliate link into description.
You can cloak link with Pretty Link Lite...as mentioned above.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.