How can you compete for local seo if you don't have an address?

denvercardonations

A company in NewYork called me and said they coukd get me into about 100 local buisness listings online like yellopages, yelp, etc....they said not to worry their local clients have every top listing because of the address. I don' have an address, because there is no "brick and mortar" location for me, i.e. no business mailing address, with that in mind, how coukd I ever compete with all this people with addresses and zip codes around me? Is there another SEO strategy I could use to help be seen? If the zip code the searcher is in is 80205 a Google local search won't think I exist....

Developer

You DO have an address. If you run the business as a home business
then your home address is also your business address. If you prefer
not to publicize your home address, you could register for a PO box
at your local post office or a local UPS or MailBoxes store. They all
usually even give you a street address to use which you could then
use as your business street address.

MrT

MrT
Google is getting very smart when it comes to local UPS boxes/PO boxes. Also, even virtual offices are getting deleted/banned. There may be a few that still work but it's only a matter of time until it dies out.

Developer is right about your home address. You should be using that and selecting the option to not display your address. That's the GMB guidelines anyway, if it's not a B&M, hide the address.

Last edited:
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.