How to choose the best blogging platform?

epicstate

Suggest me best blogging platform for blog posting .Which is easy to customize and free of cost?

My option is

Blogger
Wordpress
Tumblr

Wordpress is free but Blogger also owned by Google so I thought it has any advantages on SEO if I go with this platform.

Waiting for your honest answers!

vishwa

I suggest you to go with Self hosted WordPress. It is one of the best and widely used CMS for blogging. WordPress is very intuitive and easy to manage. You can create almost any type of site using WordPress.

Ron Killian

Free services are not your's and you have no control over them. All your work could be gone over night. They have their uses, but not the best way to build your entire business. If that is what your thinking.

Plus the free blogs on wordpress.com, they don't like blogs that market or sell, they delete them.

As already mentioned, self-hosted Wordpress is a pretty good way to go.

Mike001

I have to agree with Ron. Be very careful on the free platforms that are hosted. If your blog becomes popular you will find that the hosting provider will start linking ads to your blog posting and they will reap the benefits. I have seen this happen a few times with customers that I now have.

They had set up some really nice blogs, mostly in the health area, and when the blogs became popular and starting drawing a lot of traffic ads started to appear all over their pages. When I went through the terms of service for these customers, sure enough, it was in there and they had little they could do about it. The sad thing was, as Ron pointed out, once these blogs started generating revenue for the hosting provider, the owner lost most of his rights to take down the posts, so even when we moved their systems to a self hosting system, they had given up the rights to the other content.

Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Sometimes free is not the best way to go.

I also agree that WordPress is an excellent blogging platform for anyone looking for a out of the box blogging system. Myself personally, I would write my own. It is not that difficult, especially for a basic platform, and then you have complete and total control. "I think I may be a control freak...."

WebmasterPhil

They all have their advantages and disadvantages. All 3 sites are high domain authority so SEO will not be a problem. The problem is more so with your branding. If you're creating a blog for fun, then it won't matter. If you care about your brand and want a shorter URL, then best go with WordPress self-hosting installation.

hrishivardhan

I have experienced with WordPress and it is work best for me. But I believe that content quality is more important than blog platform. Choose any, you familiar with and use content that gives some value to your niche readers. It will give hit to traffics.

PatrickT

Wordpress for sure, it is very easy to navigate which is a very important thing as you are going to use it every day, and it is easy to customize it as there are a lot of plugins you can try to use. For bloggers Wordpress is best option

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.