A bit of a ghost town in here, so I will simply ask, is it worth it to use Instagram?

denvercardonations

For images I rotate between Tumblr, Imgurl, and Pintrest to just post an image here or there to get it a little exposure relative to my topic. For example, I have a "homeless in Denver" board I will pin to, to pin and capture pictures from a specific webpage that relates to the subject. I have never seen really and definitive guides on how to why to use Instagram, though my iphone does have an app for it. Does it drive traffic? Build an audience? Light sprinkle of SEO? Circulate images? What is the best use and result or it? Any advice would be appreciated.

velvet

Hi denvercardonations,
these guys are offering some training about that.

This will require some dedication to follow as
they are suggesting multiple accounts and posting
everyday.

I would say you would have to make a real
commitment to give it a go.

Anyway, it might be worth a look.

cheers, Mal.

Last edited by a moderator:

HCFGrizzly

For images I rotate between Tumblr, Imgurl, and Pintrest to just post an image here or there to get it a little exposure relative to my topic. For example, I have a "homeless in Denver" board I will pin to, to pin and capture pictures from a specific webpage that relates to the subject. I have never seen really and definitive guides on how to why to use Instagram, though my iphone does have an app for it. Does it drive traffic? Build an audience? Light sprinkle of SEO? Circulate images? What is the best use and result or it? Any advice would be appreciated.
I`m not a fan of creating 100 IG accounts and driving traffic from the platform to your website in that way as velvet suggested.
You can place a link to your website in the Bio but it won`t help you with SEO, it will help just to drive traffic. How much of it? It depends on the number of targeted followers you have. To be honest I didn`t have too much success on driving traffic from IG to my websites in the past.
The one truly great thing you can use IG for is to attract more brand awareness. It`s a platform like any other else that helps you get access to a larger part of your possible clients.

hiteshd1

Don't stop to give value. If you are present on multiple social media or you are not, the thing which matters is what is your content and how you give value to people. I use Instagram, sometimes i get 40-50 people liking my images in short durations of time. So it is a quite handy social media. Remember, 500 million people are now using it.

teacher73

It's worth it when you start gaining from it. I know a lot of people who uses Instagram as a strategy to acquire traffic in their online business. They use their account to gain a large following so they can reach out to more people. Celebrities and bloggers use Instagram to promote and sell stuff. This is where affiliate marketing comes in. It's a useful way to add money in your pocket.

mastrodigital

Instagram is amazing if you have an image-heavy brand like clothing, beauty of lifestyle. It can really show off your products to an audience. It can drive a considerable amount of traffic since you can put your website URL in your bio too. Engaging your fans is really easy to by commenting on other users posts.

williamk

Instagram is growing as a marketing tool for company products, the company are using Instagram influencers to market their products here. Some of them they have more than a million followers on IG. In future it will be more sort after by marketers.

Llykam

I'll say for personal purposes Instagram is worth it cause it's like an online photo album but for business? it's another thing. If the products or services you want to sell are aesthetics and pleasing to the eye, instagram will be a good platform but if not, make use of other sites like facebook and twitter.

aretteprieve

I think Instagram is great for business as it allows you to display your products and offers, to attract new customers from your target audience, to promote your brand. To have a successful account you just need to use the good HD pictures, right hashtags and captions and collaborate with influencers if your budget allows that

TheArticulate

TheArticulate
This is a really good point. Instagram is an incredibly visual platform, which means you need to make your messages visual in nature to best utilize Instagram. I'm a photographer and videographer by trade, so Instagram fits perfectly into my business model, since my product is also visual. However, I know several people who have nutrition and wellness businesses (i.e., selling nutrition supplements and vitamins, etc.) and they will alternate between posts promoting their products as well as personal photographs of them at the gym, working out, or being healthy using their product. It's a way to connect with your audience on a personal level. If done right, Instagram can put you right in front of your target audience.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads