Promoting lower cost Amazon products?

Harry P

In articles I read, you will get higher commission if you promote products with price $100+ or above. But its good to choose with $10 products or under?

In my point view, you will get more sales or easier to get orders with lower cost products. Any thoughts?

Hawker

Well Harry, you can sell any product at any price if you sell to the right person in the right way regardless to the cost.

You could sell ice to an Eskimo if you packaged it right.

That said, it's definitely better to promote high ticket items for sure. The higher the price the more commission you earn.

If you sell low ticket items for around $10 each with a commission of about 20%.

You'll only earn $2 each time. You'll need to sell 500 of them to earn $1000.

Where as if you sell items in the much more expensive price range that sell for $1000 each.

And you sell 100 of them with a commission of 20% ($200) you'll earn $20,000.

Imagine if you sold 100 that sell for $5000 each with a 20% commission of $1000. That's $100,000.

Do that another 10 times and you've made your first million! :D

Miguelito203

In articles I read, you will get higher commission if you promote products with price $100+ or above. But its good to choose with $10 products or under?

In my point view, you will get more sales or easier to get orders with lower cost products. Any thoughts?
I promote lower-cost stuff and higher-priced products online, and while it would seems like (in theory) that lesser expensive products would just be selling like hot cakes, that has not been my personal experience. People who aren't sure whether they want to buy something won't do it -- regardless of how much it costs. That's why I like to stick to things that pay out at least like $20 USD or more. I mean, the work is the same, so it should at least be worth it.

Joey

savidge4

This is kinda like asking "Which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?" If its a $10 item or a $100 item.. the effort on your end is exactly the same. Depending on what you are selling on Amazon you could be making as little as 4% ( or less in some cases ) so why would you then target the lessor priced item?

When developing a Amazon site i personally like to use the prosociate plugin.. it allows you to basically set up a store and use woocommerce to its fullest advantage. If you are selling DVD players as an example,you could push upsells of HDMI cables or the like. it really does help in increasing the overall purchase price.

Lancer

On amazon, you can promote low-cost products and get high commissions from cross-sell. Amazon pays you for all orders in the next 24 hours following the interaction on your link by the user.
However, if your audience needs high-priced products (example fast computer, pro camera, etc...), recommend them what they want. They'll buy regardless the price.

AffEngineer

There are a lot of benefits with low paying offers, especially with Amazon because Amazon pay a % based on the complete order of the customer.

So even when the customer buys other things, you still get the commission for those items.

If you're selling a low ticket item then the amount of people you'll bring to the Amazon checkout will be higher increasing Amazons chances of upsells.

It could be a great store, you never know till you try it out!

TopHatSEO

With lower priced items there are a couple of advantages.

Firstly, there in general they are easier to convert. Most people aren't going to think that hard before buying a $5 item. Look how many people do it everyday for coffee!

Secondly, people impulse buy with lower items. They see it on your affiliate website, they click the link and they buy. No weeks of trying to decided if the product is really worth buying.

Thirdly, a lot of people can afford low priced items. Bigger ticket items attract a smaller customer base which is often harder to reach.

Lastly, Amazons 24 hour window means that even if you send someone to their website with a lower priced item, if they buy a big ticket item, you get the commission. Every time you send one of those low priced item customers you are increasing your chances of ancillary sales.

Older threads
Replies
Views
MrT
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.