Will more traffic increase google rank?

socialagency

Hello, I want to know more traffic to your sites will increase Google rankings or not? Sites getting more traffic always are getting top search rankings and vise versa.

Miguelito203

Of course traffic influences your rankings. That's why some affiliate marketers are able to make the bulk of their money through product launches and stuff. If you're one of the first people to post about something, you stand to get the bulk of the traffic -- unless a high-authority site post shortly after you do. You'll still end up on the first page, though.

Joey

ExonHost

Click through rate and traffic obviously influences your rankings. If your click through rate is higher then definitely will increase Google rankings serp.

MrT

No, how much traffic a website gets, does NOT influence ranking.

If it did, everyone would be on Fiverr, buying fake traffic... or selling it for "top rankings" lol.

That's why some marketers are able to make the bulk of their money through product launches and stuff.
Some marketers make the bulk of their money through product launches because they have an email list, or affiliates that have an email list. It has nothing to do with ranking in Google though. In fact, I've seen some marketers that have garbage SEO but they still make money because SEO is not part of their traffic strategy.

vishwa

Google will not measure your site traffic as a ranking factor. So, it is definitely a misconception among users that increase in traffic will increase your ranking. Your ranking depends on the on page and off page SEO techniques you have used. It will also count the backlinks i.e. how much authority sites get you backlinks. Also make sure that you have fresh and decent content as well.

Lee06

Hello,

The traffic you will have on your website is the result of your SEO campaign. You have to optimize your website (On Page SEO) and get quality backlinks (Off Page SEO) if you want to increase your rankings in Google and to get more traffic.
But the CTR is one of the factors which use Google, so you have to optimize your Title and Description to incitate visitors to choose your website.

mackrodd

In my view point it does work when you have lots of quality backlinks not traffic. quality backlinks before traffic
there are many sites with huge traffic but no pagerank

This is only a guess hope someone gives a perfect answer

Hawker

Actually, buying loads of traffic from different sources over a long period of time can reduce your Alexa rating as well increase your other stats too which in turn can add value to your site.

But only from the perspective of a buyer if you're selling your site and even then you'd have to be pretty naive.

But it doesn't matter how much traffic is flowing into your site or from where it comes from. Even if it comes from Forbes or CNN example.

It wont increase your ranking in Google one iota. For that you need backlinks simple as that.

mackrodd

This question to SEOpub member

You said Google doesn't share the Idea.
Do you have any ideas about how cnn . businessinsider, tumbler , weekly have good pagerank ?

Hawker

Do you ever feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again SEOPub? :)

I said do you ever feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again SEOPub? :)

G should have really done more to advertise their PR switch off.

It might have saved many of us a lot of time!

samimnoorzaitgc

Hello, I want to know more traffic to your sites will increase Google rankings or not? Sites getting more traffic always are getting top search rankings and vise versa.
No! traffic won't increase your page's ranking in Google. How will you get that traffic to increase ranking with while you're page isn't ranked well? :D You must have ranked in 1st page for at least one keywords in order to get some visitors. Do you get that traffic from Traffic Exchanges? If yes, you are doing WRONG, leave them before your Alexa rank is killed! Alexa analysis your website's traffic to see how much quality traffic it is receiving, how will your site receive traffic with no ranking?? There are three solutions on this: 1-Advertise (Spend thousands to just get more traffic :lol: ) 2-Buy traffic (from a trusted service).
What did you say? "Sites getting more traffic always are getting top search rankings"? This isn't true! They are getting traffic why they are ranking high!

DarnelWhite

Hi there

Great question

I would say yes and no.

Yes because if the traffic is coming from good locations with high DA (social media sites) etc that is going to help your rank as it shows Search engines that your site is popular and most importantly because you will get more interaction and shares etc.. However this is more based on backlinks instead of simply traffic numbers. If visitors are simple 'bouncing' off your site, I doubt it has any effect at all. Clicking and exiting immediately may not really help your rank.

That is my view.

Nimit Suri

Hello there
The main purpose of your website is to get traffic and get visible on search engines.page rank got nothing to do with that and as far as i know google have stopped updating page rank from the past 3 years . your traffic solely depends on the number of good backlinks you have .Agreed with vishwa when he said that the traffic depends upon the on and off page you have used.
The sites which gets lots of traffic are the ones who follow the ethical way of link building .

noface0711

Click through rate and traffic obviously influences your rankings. If your click through rate is higher then definitely will increase Google rankings serp.:rolleyes2:

Cochel

Yes it is. The more traffic meaning the more click gains. Traffic and click plays a significant role to your search rankings.

haleassociations

User metrics does influence rankings, I'm seeing it across the board. CTR is a big ranking factor. Chances are, if you go to Webmaster, your highest ranking keywords have some type of CTR. Fake traffic has a short life on your site and Google knows it. If you have a ton of visitors and they average a few seconds, it can actually hurt you. If any type of traffic is engaged and roaming your site, staying on the site, it's going to be a SEO benefit. My case studies prove it.

SEOPub

Yes it is. The more traffic meaning the more click gains. Traffic and click plays a significant role to your search rankings.
That is nonsense. Traffic does not play a role in rankings. Google has no idea how much traffic most sites get.

User metrics does influence rankings, I'm seeing it across the board. CTR is a big ranking factor. Chances are, if you go to Webmaster, your highest ranking keywords have some type of CTR. Fake traffic has a short life on your site and Google knows it. If you have a ton of visitors and they average a few seconds, it can actually hurt you. If any type of traffic is engaged and roaming your site, staying on the site, it's going to be a SEO benefit. My case studies prove it.
I would love to know how you tested this. The only way you could test it and be sure if that is if you owned every page that ranked in the top 20 in the SERP. Every page. You would have to control every page in order to know what kind of CTR each page is getting to compare it.

And of course you see higher ranked pages have a higher CTR. People click more often on the top listings than they do on the bottom listings.

Hawker

Yes i think if you will get more traffic then you will get more clicks and this will boast your website's rankings
That is simply not true. No amount of traffic or clicks will improve your website ranking position.

How will "clicks" improve your website ranking position?

I could pay an army of Indian workers to click the life out of my site.

It wont make one slightest bit of difference in my/you or anyone's website ranking position in Google.

I would like to suggest you one thing here is that in last few google stop to consider the page rank. Google kill the page rank.
Sighhh. PR isn't dead. Google has just stopped showing end users (you) what the PR is.

I'm not a parrot!

TellMeAboutIt

That is simply not true. No amount of traffic or clicks will improve your website ranking position.

How will "clicks" improve your website ranking position?

I could pay an army of Indian workers to click the life out of my site.

It wont make one slightest bit of difference in my/you or anyone's website ranking position in Google.
Exactly. Bounce rate, on-site actions, time on site, etc are all going to be factored in.

oliviahintz

Not Actually, more traffic or visitors will increase your Alexa Rank but not much effective in Google Rank. To increase your Google Rank you should do better off page link building. Thank you.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.