Multiple IP Addresses on a VPS?

harrygreen90

Hey there,
How to run multiple IP Addresses on a VPS for multiple websites? Which I need to buy for my VPS to allow multiple IP Addresses?

RDO Servers

A VPS can run as many IP's as you hosting provider will allow you to use.. There is nothing else you need to be able to runultiple IP's.

Just remember, you will need proper justification before your host will give you more IP addresses.
You can already run multiple websites on a single IP, so multiple websites usually will not count as proper justification.

laceibanet

all you have to do is get the ip routed to the server, then just assign an ip to each domain that will use it. If you're running a control panel it's really easy, most have a register ip option and assign ip to a specific domain option too. All depends on what your setup is

SenseiSteve

Hey there,
How to run multiple IP Addresses on a VPS for multiple websites? Which I need to buy for my VPS to allow multiple IP Addresses?
Have you asked your hosting provider these questions? How many IP addresses do you currently have with your hosting package? Like was mentioned earlier, running multiple websites is not justification for more IP addresses. Are there any specific reasons you need IP addresses for each of them?

harrygreen90

A VPS can run as many IP's as you hosting provider will allow you to use.. There is nothing else you need to be able to runultiple IP's.

Just remember, you will need proper justification before your host will give you more IP addresses.
You can already run multiple websites on a single IP, so multiple websites usually will not count as proper justification.
If I use separate Cloudfare on each website, it can consider as a single IP?

Have you asked your hosting provider these questions? How many IP addresses do you currently have with your hosting package? Like was mentioned earlier, running multiple websites is not justification for more IP addresses. Are there any specific reasons you need IP addresses for each of them?
I am learning SEO and I have read posts on the forum each website should be putted on separate IP, it will be good for SEO.

all you have to do is get the ip routed to the server, then just assign an ip to each domain that will use it. If you're running a control panel it's really easy, most have a register ip option and assign ip to a specific domain option too. All depends on what your setup is
I have WHM and cPanel. For that, where should I add a new IP?

bacloud

As I know there an option in server admin panel to assign new IP addresses.

dedicated IP per website? No longer work for SEO...

ElixantTechnology

The theory of having a Dedicated IP for each website is null and no longer practiced much anymore, content is king these days and is the main focus. I recommend ensuring that your website is mobile ready?

This specific reasoning (IP for each website) is one of the reasons why there are no more IPv4 addresses available for assignment to new or old companies from ARIN; as such most hosting providers are pretty cautious these days when it comes to addressing and will require proper justification for each address. SSL is not one of those reasons anymore either with recent advances with SLI technology....

That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about having diverse addressing.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.