Blog picture size?

Omer Farooq

Hi,

I want to ask about the picture size on a blog post, what is the recommended picture size? Currently I am using the same size as commonly used on facebook pages i.e. 600x600 pixels. Is it a good size or what is the ideal blog picture size?

Cochel

Image size for your blog is determined by selection of things.

When using wordpress:
Physical Size
File Size
Resolution
File Type

SenseiSteve

I guess that depends on how you use the image. I've found that 400x300 works well for me, both in the body of the text and for the featured image.

ulterios

Cochel brought up some good points, especially regarding the file size and the resolution. You obviously want the images to have the smallest file size so that your pages will load quick, but you also don't want to lower the quality of the image too much so that it looks cheap or like junk.

Another thing to consider is the theme if you are using something like WordPress. Not all themes will use the same image sizes so that will come in to play with image size.

I do have to say that 600x600 is rather large. Most of the time I try to stay around 300px - 400px, depending on the theme and the image itself.

Smaller is better from a load time standpoint, just don't go too small so that your images aren't having a good impact.

rfharris

which picture size are you asking for. Is it picture within your blog post? I think default image size in blogger is 400x400 but you can change it according to your needs.

Ron Killian

I use 600x300 pretty much every time. Fits well on my blog for featured and post insertion. Also works well for me on Google+ And Twitter, so I can reuse the same image many times.

I also use a image optimization plug-in, so that helps compress the image and lower the file size.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies