Does Google give any SEO at all for nofollow contextual links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denvercardonations

Even organic links I earn by providing the meetings and content that linked back to from users are often nofollow, even in context Google ignores this as a ranking metric?

haleassociations

You here it does from some SEOs and then you hear it doesn't from others. Here's what I do know. In case studies I've did, I've seen sites ranking thousands of organic keywords with 80-90 percent no follow links. If they didn't count toward your overall SEO value, I really doubt the sites I've seen would have SEO metrics as they do. And yes, I looked at other SEO factors for those sites. So based on what I see (and I know some may disagree) I would say no follow links do count for something. They have to for a site to have such high SEO metrics with little in the other SEO areas. And again, just what I've seen myself. Are they valuable as do follow links? No way. Google doesn't tell us everything, but do follow links are a lot more valuable. And I know what Google said about no follow links, sure, I've seen Matt's videos. I can't argue that, but I can argue what I've seen with my own two eyes.

You still need to target do follow links instead. I use Ahrefs. At least get a general idea of what sites are doing do follow and which are no follow. But all no follow links are not bad. Place them in the right place and you can get traffic back to your website. So they do have a purpose.

Lee06

Hello,

The nofollow backlinks are usefull in SEO. It provides you a more natural backlinks profile, and that it's very important to avoid to be penalized. So i think you need to get some NF backlinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.