Robots stealing jobs?

Nai Lumbert

Hello,

I am new to this industry and over the weekend read a few articles in regards to technology taking over large areas of a ppcer's role.

Does anyone have any input on how this could potentially effect the future job market for us digital marketers? Can we expect a total takeover by robots in the future?

My current job is partially automated as it is, I am just wondering how much further this could go.

Thanks,
Ian

Waqass

everyone tries to automate the process as much thay can...but there will always be job for human beings...supervision can never be ignored after all it is work done for the humans.

Joe B. Ray

The future is definitely about automation. The future is not like it used to be...as they say. Actually, it's not in the future. Even today our world couldn't function without automation.

The new production methods will require less people working in the factories. Many jobs will obsolete. That's for sure.

Is this good or bad? I don't know.

Simon Baker

Simon Baker

It should be good if the profits reaped from all this automation were to be shared with everyone. But as it is now, with all the greedy ogligarchs trying hard as ever to raise profit just for themselves, it wont be good for sure.

PTTed

If you are worried about robots taking your job, then maybe you should learn how to engineer, build or repair robots. Get ahead of the trend.

Dopani

Dopani
If you could do that, then you don't need to worry about your job, you become an expert and easily earn more money in any fields.

SenseiSteve

Of course robots have taken many jobs from humans and will continue to do so, but that's progress. My recommendation - take lemons and make lemonade out of it. I love the idea of learning to engineer, build or repair robots - right to the point.

ericplotz1

OMFG! Robots taking over a "ppcer's role"???? No way. I'm so glad you gave me the heads up. :/

It's highly unlikely for a robot to understand human emotion, since humans think differently from culture to culture. Sure it may come up with certain generalities, but when it comes to thinking creatively about ad copy, imagery, and placement, there's just no "cookie-cutter" strategy. A robot needs to have a program and this would require an algorithm.

An algorithm doesnt change unless programmed to.

Were getting closer to the age of AI but I think were far from producing a robot that can actually adapt to a humans cognitive biases/emotions and make split decisions required when focusing on maximizing ROI for a client with a small budget. EA or Evolutionary Algorithm are on the brink, but the "brink" could be hundreds of years from actuall producing in algo that truly evolves as the human brain would.

It is a very interesting topic, but as PTTed suggested in other words, "If you can't beat em join em'". Start a blog on various robotics and boom! Before the robotics age hits you'll be ahead of the game. Talk about that futuristic sheeeet! ;)

AffEngineer

Maybe, but don't forget the ample opportunities that are created with new technologies as well.
Social Media websites gave rise to social media websites
Virtual Reality glasses will have their own form of marketing soon, probably pay per view of some sort.

The industry is too big to think of complete automation take over.

Equady

I think robots are not stealing anything, yet. Some scientists speculates that humans will merge with machines in the near future. Making a new advanced race on Earth.

I haven't actually made up my mind, as I can't imagine robots running our lives like in The Matrix. I want to be on the good side of the robots if that happens.

With the emergence of Artificial Intelligence, the "trend" is going up and I can't tell what the future maybe like...

But it is exciting times to be alive

WebmasterPhil

There's always going to be Bots that replaces manual work. Nowadays, it's hard to get clients for graphic and web designing because online apps are making it easier for the average joe to create projects themselves.

Your job can still be relevant.. but the task needs to be adjusted. So instead of doing the manual labor (digital marketing, ppc for clients, graphic or web designing, etc.), you can become more of a consultant. Robots or Bots may do the manual work but clients still need humans to consult with in regards to setting up the project.

Last edited:

Nancy G

Robots will just be there to automate things, to do redundant things faster, more precise. We are losing most jobs here.

Robots are created and supervised by men who will perform according to what has been inputted into their system. The creative and psychological part especially when it comes to dealing with emotions, complicated patterns, problem-solving issues are still controlled by men due to its complexity. Life is full of riddles. Our needs and wants are so diversed. Technology creates new opportunities and make existing ones obsolete. There is not one answer for everything.

jaymish

I think this is a real threat.I read an article in the international press last week about the first robot citizen in Saudi Arabia.Robots are a reality, my friend.

Some comments mention that robots will do the work but humans will supervise. I agree however I think this will reduce the number of jobs drastically. How many supervisors can you have in a company? I think not many.

This trend is said will affect traditional jobs like engineering(we can see many engineers already losing their jobs in car manufacturing plants in the Us) doctors( robots to diagnose diseases) and lawyers(robots to research precedents and prepare cases)

Mark Cuban one of the Investors on Shark Tank( a Us Tv programme that entrepreneurs present ideas and seek investments) talks about this trend becoming a reality and advises that people who will survive this trend are creatives like writers and artists. His argument is that a robot can't create.

leeyong88

If I were to decide, let the robots handle delicate and dangerous jobs. Then leave all other jobs to humans.

But the truth is, robots or automated workers are really present right now. Most websites make use of these as they save money, time and effort. They are also very accurate in their jobs that is why we have this thread.

The disadvantage or flaw of robots is they lack humanity. They don't have emotions or doesn't care for the welfare of people. Doing their job is how they are coded and that's exactly what they'll do, even if it might possibly harm humans.

I guess we should take advantage of robots, use them wisely but not to the point where we rely on them. We should still give humans jobs.

CookieRunner

It is true that most jobs can be handled by robots on automation nowadays. Sometimes there are jobs that doesn't need humans. But still, I believe that there is a big comparison when working and when we talk about bots versus humans. Bots can do jobs with 100% error free but it lacks the human touch, they lack emotions and sometimes there are jobs that requires high EQ or emotional quotient which Robots don't have.

sidrawat

Well, somebody has to make the robots and other technologies. It isnt so much s “stealing jobs” as making new ones in other disciplines. The buggy whip manufacturers and blacksmiths go away and are replaced by automobile makers.

carolinasky

I completely agree with you, there are some jobs that robots can not completely take over. In fact my husband is a Supervisor at his job as well as a skilled craftsman of 25 plus years. You can not supply the robot with the knowledge and skill he has to build and repair homes. It would be very difficult to replace him. I think there are many jobs technology could help to make it easy or run more smooth for the skilled workers.

WebmasterDude

Hopefully, more and more robots will "steal" jobs. This will not be a problem, as at the same time this leads to decreasing prices, because the products / services less and less expensive to generate, and also this saved money will go into other / new products and services. So the ever increasing anti-robot hysteria is rather pointless.

romanalexeevich198

Robots need to be put on a very dangerous production, I think. And for the rest of the industries, this trend could lead to progress leaving ordinary people without jobs at all.

AlphaNine_vini

Artificial intelligence might take over majority of job roles. Digital marketeers will then be involved it making more advance intelligence to automate their advertisements and promotions. But this will take a long time. We might wont be in existent with this going to happen or near to the old age I guess. Super computer could change all this though and it's in research as of now. I want you to check Sophia : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-1MlkxyqI

albertgoopter

Robots cannot take creativity side and complexity of works.
Right-brain activities are so random and hard to predict.
In addition, robots cannot react any situation not entered in programming.
That's why we still have people in supermarket and retail store.
Science is great, but science is not all-in-one solution.
(That's why we have arts, religion, business and more)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.