Have You Got a 4K TV Yet? You need 4K Wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker

4kwall.xyz is a project I'm working on for 4K TV owners.

It has all sorts of goodies for 4K TV's like 4K movies and music videos. 4K Wallpapers, backgrounds and screen savers.

Have you got a 4K TV yet or have seen the difference between old HD and UHD?

The difference is instantly noticeable as it is crisp, clear and amazing to view and look at.

But like when HD was first released, there wasn't much HD content around.

It's the same with UHD, there aren't many places streaming or providing 4K content.

But we're slowly catching up and one day UHD will replace the old HD format for good.

So take a visit to 4K Wall and have a look around at the site.

Let me know your thoughts, feedback and criticisms.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe B. Ray

I agree with you, 4K will replace HD in a few years. Right now, if you want to fully enjoy 4K videos on your computer, your graphics card would have to support 4K resolution, and of course, you need a 4K monitor.

In any case, your site looks good! Good luck with it!

ulterios

I definitely need to check out those 4K TVs. I'm slacking in the TV dept. since I have almost zero time to watch TV, but I have been reading and seeing a lot about the 4K TVs and the picture quality.

As for the site, it looks good. The only thing that I would do something with it the header. That large area of blank space between the logo and the login needs something there IMO. That's the only thing I would do and changing with.

I do have 2 questions about it.

1. How are you planning to monetize it? Just curious if you'll be selling 4K stuff or using some kind of affiliate or other advertising.

2. What's the story on that CMS? I haven't heard or seen anything on it. Have you used it before and do you like it? Just curious because I am looking to try something new out when I get the time and with a new CMS I would rather hear from someone I trust vs. some kind of review on the web.

anhbloginc

4K TVs and monitors are being released to the market day by day with lower prices. They will be replaced all Full HD products in next few years.

Hawker

As for the site, it looks good. The only thing that I would do something with it the header. That large area of blank space between the logo and the login needs something there IMO. That's the only thing I would do and changing with.
Thanks, yeah, the logo is a little large, will probably work on that and put a header ad up there.
1. How are you planning to monetize it? Just curious if you'll be selling 4K stuff or using some kind of affiliate or other advertising.
Probably with Adsense, but as it also has games, might use EpicGameAds or Copacet too.
2. What's the story on that CMS? I haven't heard or seen anything on it. Have you used it before and do you like it? Just curious because I am looking to try something new out when I get the time and with a new CMS I would rather hear from someone I trust vs. some kind of review on the web.
It's the new AVCMS from avcms.net made by the same bloke who used to do the AVArcade script.

It's really good, has a lot of features and easy to tweak/manage. I got the full AVCMS suite that comes with all bundles so you can either use it to run a wallpaper site only, an image site only, a video site only or a games site only, or you can use all the bundles at once on the site like I'm doing here. I might not have games though and just stick to 4k wallpapers and 4k videos only.

It does have some niggling issues, and missing things like no RSS and meta description. But there's tons of mods on the forum for it to do different things / add new things into it that aren't included by default. But the amount of features that it does have out of the box far outweigh any of these small issues imho. :)

Hawker

Thanks for the headsup! A cookie for you! :)

I'm not sure what that is. Thought it might have been an htaccess issue but that's fine how it should be. Has never done that to me before. Very rude! Sorry about that.

I'll check my server logs and php errors and try and get it back up as soon as possible.

I bought a new 4K TV the other day. But I sent it back. The sound was abysmal. It sounded like a coke can with a earphone speaker inside.

It was only a Phillips though bottom line one and wasn't even smart enabled so never had internet browser, apps like YouTube, netflix etc on it.

There isn't much 4K content around still yet although it's catching up. That's why you need the apps to get it from the places that provide it.

I think it will still be a long time before terrestrial TV switches to HD permanently let alone 4K being the standard.

If not after this first generation of 4K TV's has settled down, there's still the newer 8K TV's and format to come after it.

But that's why I created the 4kwall.xyz site you could visit on your 4K TV and find 4K Videos and learn about where to get 4K content etc.

I've been so busy working on other things that are working for me though not had time to update it.

So maybe this has been a blessing in disguise and I can use it for good to give myself the kick up the butt I need to notch it up a level or two!

4K FTW!

HM-Mike

Don't own a 4K TV as yet but do plan on getting one soon.

Hawker

Hawker
Where do you live to? If you're U.S located then you'll probably have access to more 4K content.

Just make sure that you know where to get 4K content for it to watch on it.

And to get one that's smart so it has apps, YouTube and the like so you can stream 4K content to watch on it.

I'm going to wait until the new Xbox One Slim is out even though it will only upscale games to 4K it can also play 4K movies.

But the later Xbox Scorpion that they'll release a year later will be more powerful then the new PS4.

It will be able to support 4K VR out of the box. I can't wait to play COD in 4K VR that's just going to be insane.

HM-Mike

Based in the UK at the moment, 4K availability is sparse except for apps on smart TV's. I know BT Sport is available in UHD :)

freehdwalls

Certainly with you, 4K will certainly replace HD within a few years. Right now, if you want to totally enjoy 4K video clips on your computer, your images card would have to assist 4K resolution, and definitely, you need a 4K screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views