How to display Facebook Fan, Twitter and Google+ Follower counts?

Harry P

How to display Facebook Fan, & Twitter and Google+ Follower counts on a web page?

I want to show something like this

count-facebook-fans-twitter-followers.png

Mike001

Harry,

What you are asking is really quite simple.

The backgrounds are simply CSS settings and the DIV is set up as a display-inline block.

The images can be acquired from the actual accounts, most accounts, and the three you reference in particular have code that can be downloaded from your account settings to link back the site to grab the account stats. This code is just pasted into your web page. The follow like and subscribe are the same type of solution.

Most of these accounts actually have an area where you can design how you want the link to look prior to downloading the script for inclusion in your web site.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Harry P

Harry P
Thanks for explaining its design, what about the counts?

I tried to find ways for showing counts on the DIVs but I could not do as articles from tutorial sites, they guided to do it with JS or PHP but some are pretty long and complex, I need light codes and easier solutions.

What are your suggestions? should I go with PHP or JavaScript codes? any examples?

Mike001

Harry,

Let's take twitter as an example, but they all work very similar.

At the help center at twitter there is a way for you to add a follow me button to your website and they generate all the JavaScript code needed to link to the Twitter API. Now obviously you will need to log in with your twitter account to get the correct code. But I have attached the link below that will take you to the help center.

There is something very similar for Google+, Linked In, YouTube, and I am pretty certain that Facebook would have it also. I cannot say for certain on Facebook because I have never actually implemented one of those but all the rest I have.

Remember you are connecting to the API (Application Programming Interface) for the particular product. To write that code yourself would be very complex unless you were a well seasoned developer that is why these application give you access with a plugin or JavaScript as described in the Help Center Link.

Twitter Help Center - Adding a Follow Button.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20164833

I hope this clears it up for you.

Mike

Thanks for explaining its design, what about the counts?

I tried to find ways for showing counts on the DIVs but I could not do as articles from tutorial sites, they guided to do it with JS or PHP but some are pretty long and complex, I need light codes and easier solutions.

What are your suggestions? should I go with PHP or JavaScript codes? any examples?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.