Are Blogspot backlinks matters for SEO?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
I've start building 2 blogspots and having a few articles on them but I want to know if I put backlinks on articles from blogspots. Can they help for better keyword rankings?

Hawker

I've start building 2 blogspots and having a few articles on them but I want to know if I put backlinks on articles from blogspots. Can they help for better keyword rankings?
You mean backlinks from other blogspot blogs?

Then yes absolutely. Those links aren't no follow so you'll get some crawling from them and maybe even some traffic if the link is on a high traffic page.

The good thing about blogspot is that you can find other similar/related blogs which you can network with, comment on, even write for, for links of course.

But they wont really help your rank much on their own, sure they might help, but only as part of your general link portfolio.

Hope this helps.

MeowNinja

Hi there :)

I am testing that myself!!! In the middle of testing blogspot links, Tumblrs, and pinterest links. Tumblrs have been working really well, Pinterest is a little much for me (and still waiting)... and now Blogspot. With any of these, however, I'm picking up old/deleted/expired accounts, re-registering, and placing links on those. About to do this with a low competition keyphrase on about 10 blogspot accounts... see how that goes, before I up it to 20 :)

A link is a link and while one may hold MORE value over the other, never aim for exclusively the higher value ones... as Google loves to shake things up and you don't want to be penalized because you only used those types of links :/

Miguelito203

Blogspot is owned by Google, so it will help your rankings. However, if you've started a blog in a niche you plan to stay in for a while, I encourage you to start a blog on your own domain. This way, you have control over your content. I've also had some friends tell me that they had their sites removed -- after being on there for a while -- for no reason. Using a free platform or whatever can be good for testing, though.

With Pinterest, I found that it can depend on the niche you're in. It seems like that there are only a few that are really, really popular. You also need to start building up followers before you start promoting stuff. You've got to follow the people that are following the leaders in a niche. Does that make sense?

Joey

janseo

Blogspot links are dofollow so they pass link juice but it all depends on the quality of the blogspot blog. If it is a quality blog then getting back links definitely help.

MeowNinja

Sure, yes, that makes sense... but what defines "quality". You could achieve results the white hat, super slow way or go a bit grey hat, meaning expired web 2.0s such as blogspots that still hold PA etc.

Obviously a lot of SEOs warn you against that and it IS Your call. Google can penalize any time, even white hats, really... you gotta determine what works for YOU and your site(s).

Hawker

yes sure that strategy will work.
Please don't leave one liner comments like this across the forum just to increase your post count. It adds no value to the thread at all.

When you have an opinion, back the opinion up with some more information about why you have that opinion at least.

Consider this a heads up.

stephanieandrea63

Yes they do. It does more depend on how much the blog is relevant to the site it's giving link to and how the link giving blog is ranked.

learn2do

Blogspot backlinks are high-quality backlinks. Most of the time, they are more valuable than forum links. But the biggest problem with blogspot backlinks is that they are indexed so slowly.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads