Where did you find a good web hosting for your websites?

Emilio

Just curious about your hosting packages which you are using, where and how did you find web hosting packages for your websites? from a forum, a blog post, review sites, google or recommended from a friend?

vishwa

Hosting Packages solely depends on your needs. However I do search in Google and also looking for good reviews in forums and blogs. I am referring you to use hosting from Siteground, Dreamhost for best shared hosting and always stay away from EIG brands.

RDO Servers

Be careful looking at hosting reviews online. Most of them are fake affiliate links!

WebHostingGeeks.com is a good place to find actual moderated user reviews.

SenseiSteve

I wound up hosting my personal sites with a provider where I knew the support staff well. Quality support is more important to me than cost of the hosting package. I simply want to know that problems will be handled quickly and professionally.

Ron Killian

I found mine by doing alot of research. And as mentioned, not always believing the "reviews" out there. Also spent some time checking them out on webhostingtalk. One of the better, if not best hosting forums. Plus I can see how the host interacted with people on the forum. Not that it tells everything, but a start.

MarcS

I don't believe the web hosting reviews posted in blogs because most of them are biased and affiliate attached. Generally, I research in Google and prepare list of web hosts who have great features, good technical support and are under my budget. Then I contact their support on odd time and ask some technical questions. Based on their answers I can easily guess how they are skilled and prompt.

HCFGrizzly

Just curious about your hosting packages which you are using, where and how did you find web hosting packages for your websites? from a forum, a blog post, review sites, google or recommended from a friend?
I am using Bluehost at the moment. Switched 2 years ago from a Romanian hosting company.
I must say that I`m satisfied with their hosting although some people on WebHostingGeek are complaining about them.
The free domain when you buy a hosting plan from them is also nice.

Hawker

I had to go through hell before I found my current host. It all started about 8 years ago. I was with an amazing host I can't remember what they were called now Evo hosting or something, they used to do web hosting and software development and they provided amazing support.

Well anyway I was with them for about 5 years until they suddenly decided not to do web hosting any more and do software development only. They moved me (more like foisted me) onto some other host who had agreed to take on their clients. I think they were called Tera Fire (Should be called Terror Fire or Terrible Fire).

Anyway I was with them for about a year and support was absolutely diabolical. When I did manage to get a response from them it wasn't ever a very helpful one and at times I was literally told to stop opening support tickets for a "fully managed hosting plan" for things that were within my control. But if they was within my control, I wouldn't have ever opened a ticket in the first place. Basically the guy that ran it, ran it on his own and his people skills and customer service skills were far from laudable.

Eventually I got sick and tired of the paltry support and went back to my old host to complain who then very kindly moved me to a much better hosting provider. They're called Stable Host (stablehost.com) and so far so good! They have absolutely amazing support and I have never had one problem since being with them, with them and they've always gone the extra mile to support me.

That's what it comes down to for me. It's all about the support.

So now you know. :)

ElixantTechnology

Jeez, how did I find my first host... Oh yes, Geocities! Wow, I am old.
Good luck with BlueHost, they were once one of the greats.... Until EIG bought them, fired all the staff and closed the operation center as they decided to outsource instead.

Hawker

Geocities was very cool back in the day when there wasn't much choice, ahh brings back memories it does.

Mind you, some not all good, Geocities was in the days of dialup. ><

I think its still going in Japan they love it.

Ron Killian

Days of dial-up and all the traffic sucking ads that came with the hosting.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
No doubt, I remember then once I started getting into PHP development at what.... 12 or 13, I found Lycos UK hosting similar to Geocities that gave you the capability of using PHP and provided one MySQL Database and a whopping 100MB of storage!

The good old days. Onwards and upwards from there, I run EZ Servers which I have grown from nothing. In the end, from personal experience on both sides of the spectrum... The best form of marketing is word of mouth, that's how I found every host that I chose to go with and how most of my customers found EZ Servers.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views