Google image search, what are the things to look for?

denvercardonations

I imagine, they possibly look at people who hotlink you and maybe the EXIF data in the images, other ideas?

denvercardonations

Google web search has variables, I would think there is things you can do optimize for image search, they don't just throw all the pictures on there randomly

samimnoorzaitgc

samimnoorzaitgc
Your image must load quickly and mustn't affect page load speed. Picture's worth is also important.
Unique images are unique, Google doesn't like to show up the same image multiple times in search. A Title tag and caption helps Google to display images in some keywords. With these, you can add additional information for your image.
Optimize your image(s) in it's best way, it's also a strategical SEO technique that increases traffic. For example if someone's looking for an image, he might consider clicking where it comes from to find out what's behind. With a well-displayed image, you'll see natural increment of traffic by around %5-%10 (No guarantee! :D).
Good luck!
;)

Ron Killian

Oh okay, that makes sense. I have no clue. I've gotten image traffic in the past but I've never looked into optimizing images just for that purpose. Never thought about it.

Years back I had a friend that went full bore and really pulled in a ton of image traffic, but I sure don't remember him optimizing the images themselves. Back then it was image name, on page seo, ect. Maybe that's changed these days.

So I am no help :)

Nytshade

I also do get traffic from Google Images and the images are on a blog post, most of my blog posts have strong backlinks so I guess that's why they rank. In some cases I find the image ranking in google images but the blog post nowhere to be found in page 1 of search. So it's not easy to track how google rank these images.

But here's how I optimize my images. On wordpress I simply add image name (targeted keyword), alt text (use a related keyword not the main keyword you're targeting) and add a short description using main and related keywords.

Hope that helps.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.