How can we promote a brand on social media?

ashish

What should be the appropriate answer when this question asked in the interview?

MeowNinja

I don't know but there are two things I would go with:
1. slick, viral campaigns. People LOVE witty s***. I click on 'like' even when I don't care for an item, if the meme or image or whatever it is, incites laughter in me.
2. f****** cats. let's face it. They rules our lives and the internet :/

HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly
I laughed at the cats part, but I can`t say you aren`t right.
It seems like cats and boobs rule the internet. :))

As to answer to the OP: Read Hawker`s post, he gave you an excellent response

Hawker

If in an interview for say a Social Media worker I was asked that question of "How can we promote a brand on social media?"

I would say, there are many ways in which you can promote, build and grow a brand on Social Media because Social Media provides many ways in which to do so. The most obvious way is with a Facebook Page because that allows you to reach and connect to the people who will use your brands products or services that you can share updates to. You can also start a Facebook Group which works a little differently to a Page but allows you to reach much more people. Also Facebook Events are a good way to get people interested in something that is going to take place in the future, such as a product release which can help build brand awareness quickly.

Likewise Twitter lets you reach and connect to people interested in your brands products/services and follow you and get your tweets.
LinkedIn lets you establish yourself as a business and connect to other businesses in your niche/network that you might want to partner with.
Pinterest has a lot of shoppers and they like a lot of images so if you have lots of great photos of your products you can pin them which can go viral.
Instagram is the other biggest social media site where all the cool kids hang out and make their millions now so you'll definitely want to have an IG.

There are other social media sites that provide their own unique way of doing things when it comes to how you connect or how your fans connect to you and how updates are shared for building brand awareness and potentially finding more customers/clients. Google+ is Google's version of a social networking site but it's not as big and dogged a bit but can still be useful in building brand awareness. Also there is YouTube as well of course, can't forget YouTube, a great resource and one any big brand wouldn't ever not be on in some way or another. Whether it's through a user review, affiliates promoting your products or yourself promoting your own channel.

That's about the biggest social media sites you would use. There's also Reddit and Tumblr, Flickr, VK, Vine, Disqus, Snapchat and Whatsapp that you can take advantage of in some way to increase brand awareness and build a following or for your own lucrative endeavour. Provided your brand and its products are in demand.

Equady

The best way to tackle this question, is to come up with a strategy for each social media website and stick to it.

First, study the market carefully, come up with a plan. If it is a Facebook Page, you find similar Pages for inspiration, then come up with your own content strategy, how to post, and when to post etc.

Be aware of trends, as they come and go it is important to stay on top of main events in your industry and thrive to be the leader and the first to make posts when interesting things are going on.

That's not all though. There are many factors depending on who's asking.

HaBangNet

does it really work for promote a brand on social media? I think first you need to have follower and fan, if not will be real hard.

Paralabs

We need to create interesting page, to get as many followers to share advertising and news about business.

WebmasterPhil

Well for starters, you can watermark your images with your company or brand's name. This is especially helpful in Pinterest. On Facebook, you can of course put your company or website's url on the cover image. Another option is to to include your URL wherever you post.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.