Crazy Ideas/Ways To Promote Your Blog

asknancytyler

Hi everyone,
I read a thread created by Ron Killian; it was awesome!!! But honestly, I was thinking of something crazy.
I know people are usually moved by something outside normalcy.
Moreso, I can't think of any idea now; but I know there should be some crazy ideas to promote ones blog. Can you please suggest one?

Hawker

Hi everyone,
I read a thread created by Ron Killian; it was awesome!!! But honestly, I was thinking of something crazy.
Moreso, I can't think of any idea now; but I know there should be some crazy ideas to promote ones blog. Can you please suggest one?
How do you mean by crazy ideas tyler?

You mean like the most amazing and best blog promotion tips or tactics/methods that actually work right?

I can suggest one but it might be a bit too crazy for you.

How about joining forums in your niche, and making yourself an authority on that niche.

That's got to be up there for best answer on family fortunes surely. ;)

asknancytyler

Yes! I meant "most amazing and best blog promotion tips or tactics/methods that actually work right" but with unusuall approach.
I want something uncommon. Something out of the box.
Awesome responce.

Joe B. Ray

I am not suggestion this!!! But, you asked for something crazy and this is definitely an "unusual approach".

You have to be a developer to do this. Let's say you programmatically automate a process (write code) of finding videos on Dailymotion in the same niche as your blog.
You write a program that will find, let's say, one thousand videos that have a lot of daily views (like at least 1,000 views per day). That's a total of 1,000,000 daily views.

Then, you write a program that will post a comment for all the 1K videos with your link to your blog. If you use their API, Dailymotion might be ok with this but I would think
it would take longer using the API. If you don't use their API, I think they will ban your account very quickly and delete your posts.

If you use the API and your link in your posts would actually promote your own video on Dailymotion, this would be 100% legit and Dailymotion should have no problem with this. I guess.
I really don't know, you would have to read their TOS.

In this case, you would be sending traffic to your own video on Dailymotion and your blog's link would be under your video player. So if your video is good, users would click on the
link below and visit your blog.

I haven't tried this yet. I only took a very quick look at their API so my post is only a theory. I've been planning to look into this but haven't had time. Of course, this could work
with YouTube as well.

Now that I am writing this I am getting inspired to try this.

asknancytyler

Great post. You honestly got my point. I think this is awesome but complex.
I hope to get something unusual and very unique.
I love your idea.
Thanks

elcidofaguy

It seems to me that even today - most folks miss the most obvious thing! .... and that is to really address pain points of your target audience... Most folks ramble on about how great their product/service is and miss the most important thing relating to empathy and solving the main problem... It doesn't matter which niche.... at the end of the day pretty much everybody has something which fits into that....

Now keeping that in mind - if you then approach all of your marketing with that philosophy - then in my opinion everything falls into place....

That aside - if you're looking to catch a wave and do something outside of the typical norm to get attention to your blog then you could try the following:

Leverage "hot gossip, news etc" i.e. use Google trends such as writing about a specific topic, create a youtube video etc. which can get you some quick traffic... For example a few years back before when "Hunger Games" movie came out I created a Youtube video called the "The Real Hunger Games" just before the actual movie was released.... Boy oh boy that video without any effort got tons of views and referral traffic to my site (promoting product within the diet niche)... ! I've noted a few people using that strategy with pre-empting the future....

Other strategies which I've tried and work well include quizzes such as those buzzfeed style ones....

I'm sure others will chime in with other ideas.... But with all that said in done - I would also review your blog and assess whether it is really laser focused towards a specific audience with solving problems i.e reflecting what people are searching for with regards to your target keywords....

On that note best of luck!

EpicGlobalWeb

I am not suggestion this!!! But, you asked for something crazy and this is definitely an "unusual approach".

You have to be a developer to do this. Let's say you programmatically automate a process (write code) of finding videos on Dailymotion in the same niche as your blog.
You write a program that will find, let's say, one thousand videos that have a lot of daily views (like at least 1,000 views per day). That's a total of 1,000,000 daily views.

Then, you write a program that will post a comment for all the 1K videos with your link to your blog. If you use their API, Dailymotion might be ok with this but I would think
it would take longer using the API. If you don't use their API, I think they will ban your account very quickly and delete your posts.

If you use the API and your link in your posts would actually promote your own video on Dailymotion, this would be 100% legit and Dailymotion should have no problem with this. I guess.
I really don't know, you would have to read their TOS.

In this case, you would be sending traffic to your own video on Dailymotion and your blog's link would be under your video player. So if your video is good, users would click on the
link below and visit your blog.

I haven't tried this yet. I only took a very quick look at their API so my post is only a theory. I've been planning to look into this but haven't had time. Of course, this could work
with YouTube as well.

Now that I am writing this I am getting inspired to try this.
I'm sorry but this is the most diabolical and genius thing I've ever read on here. Thank you for reminding me why I code.

Hi everyone,
I have an idea expanding on what the genius said earlier:

1. Write a script - a browser extension (use Crossrider?) that translates sites into different languages (easy to do, already API's for it from Google & Firefox).

2. As an added bonus, set up your own server with an encrypted connection (a free VPN only available with the browser extention).

3. Give the extension away for free.

4. In the code of the extension, it will use javascript to manipulate the DOM of the user's webpage and change the link destinations of every site they visit's "Home" page. The script will look for "home" and change its href to your blog post. You have essentially hacked your way into giving yourself high PR backlinks from people all over the world who have no idea they've been promoting you.

You can do cool things with browser extensions and DOM. >=)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.