Is NameCheap Marketplace Effective?

Hawker

Namecheap provide a simple domain reselling platform that you can use to quickly resell your domains.

You can list your domains for a fixed price or for a fixed price with an option to accept offers from 7 to 90 day listings.

I've never personally used NameCheap Marketplace to buy or sell a domain before.
Code:
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/marketplace/
Have you used it to either buy or sell a domain and have anything to say about it?

Thanks!

ulterios

Namecheap can be effective, but it's not the kind of market for a quick sale. Their market is more of a casual market.

If you're looking to sell a domain quick at an end-user price then either GoDaddy auctions or Flippa would be best. If time is not an issue then Sedo usually works well for me.

Lee06

Hello,

I use NameCheap since many years and i'm happy of their services. I use them to buy expired domains but i also use them to buy new domains they have discounts regulary.
But i use GoDaddy too, because more users use it for selling domains.

Hawker

Hawker
You have sold domains on NameCheap Marketplace?

Is there an annual or one time or per time fee for selling with GoDaddy auctions?

Cheers ulterious.

ulterios

I have only sold a few there (NC), I sell mostly to end-users directly as far as domains(more $).

As for selling in a marketplace, I sell more at GD. You pay about $5 per year to have access to it plus 20% of your selling price for domains under $5k and the percentage drops above that. GD has a lot more people checking them out so there are a lot of potential buyers.

As for the $5 per year membership fee, you can also use a %off code on those for your first year and get it for less than $4.

I buy portfolios of domains from people at times and sell off the ones I don't want to market directly on GD and the rest. I save the better ones for direct sales.

A lot of people don't even know that NC has a marketplace, so they don't get as much traffic looking to buy at end-user prices.

vishwa

I have never tried Namecheap marketplace for selling my domain names. However Godaddy works well for me. To sell a domain on Godaddy auction, you have to become a member of their auction site. You can check more here [URLnofo]https://in.auctions.godaddy.com/[/URLnofo] Hope it helps you.

Unknown

I don't really sell domains so I don't have personal experience with NameCheap but my friend is very into the whole domain flipping and reselling. He has used them many times and always seemed satisfied. The best thing is that the whole selling process is very easy to do - literally takes a few minutes and then you just wait for the buyer. That's why I think that NameCheap marketplace is really effective and not at all time-consuming. I'd recommend it because it's a really viable alternative to other domain selling websites.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.