How to promote a web hosting business

Maxwell

Hello everyone, I and my partners started a small web hosting site, each one of us is assigned to take care of a certain part of the business. I will do promotions on forums and buying quest posting services, also video marketing. Right now my partners are not familiar to marketing techniques and we wanna know what are the other options to market or promoting a web hosting business that getting more traffic and sales?
Regards, thanks!

samimnoorzaitgc

Advertise via AdWords. You must have a compelling reason to put your ad campaign, like an offer cheaper than other web hosting services.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
Honestly, I'd say that is a great way to waste money and get no results!

There are big hosting companies that spend many thousands a month on AdWords. Your not going to beat them out. Plus, most people know that with web hosting, you get what you pay for. If you just try to market yourself as the cheapest, that will scare users away. Getting business based on low price also means you have a small profit margin. We see businesses like this for sale all the time. They may have 500 customers, but their barely turning a profit so they jump ship and sell to a larger more established host.

Best of luck to you. The hosting industry is easy to get into, but hard to succeed in!

ulterios

This is definitely going to be a hard one to succeed in and will take some luck, but if you are willing to put a lot of time in to try to get it going then you might have a shot at some level of success.

I think that you would definitely need to market appropriately and reach your intended audience. Look for some site, especially ones that will have potential customers as regulars and get some advertising done in front of people looking for hosting. A forum like this can be a place to reach people that might need hosting for their current or future sites.

I would also make sure to do some good social media marketing, especially Twitter. Don't go spamming them but try to draw people into looking at the services that you offer.

You might also try some guest posting on sites that have potential customers as regulars as well. Just an idea!

There is a lot of competition in this market, so it's an uphill battle. Good Luck! :)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.