What factors influence to purchasing decisions of a customer?

harrygreen90

Hey there,

What factors influence to purchasing decisions of a customer for a product or a service on websites?

And furthermore, what's it based on?

I guess I could go with top 3 these factors

i.e

1) A need / a want;

2) More benefits that a customer will get from the product.

3) Real and great feedback and excellent social media presences

What are your thoguhts?

Thanks in advance.

AffEngineer

I've sold 1,000s of shirts with Teespring.
It really just comes down to impulse/excitement.

If you can get them excited about the product by making it look like a perfect fit for the potential customer then they'll buy.

Also, different countries behave differently.

Tip - Aussies buy a LOT!

samimnoorzaitgc

Nice ideas given above guys :D !

It also depends on seller's popularity and area of buying. If you sell your products on a website where is specialized for them that is better ranked and optimized, it'll gather too much attention and as well more sales.

Let buyers give opinions and rating about the product, this attracts more people to buy it. Try gathering positive reviews and ratings, few testimonials will be great.

A website that ranks high and explains all the details for their products attracts more buyers.

These things should be included: Product name, price, full description, reliability, advantages, things the product has that others don't, few pictures (a short video record will be perfect) and etc

Hope it helps!
Good luck! :D

Nancy G

Buyers online normally take into consideration any or all of the following factors before making a purchase decision:

1. product features/information and perceived value ;
2. reasonable price and/or special/promo offer ;
3. easy ordering and payment terms ;
4. shipping terms ;
5. guarantees (against damage, quality/expiration, etc.)/ after-sales service ;
6. integrity of the website / seller (via reviews, word-of-mouth, etc.).

All of the above will not be available if your website is not easily searchable in the internet.

Sirarpi3

When it comes to spending money and especially online, everybody is cautious to buy from a reliable store. Here is what you can do to make a really good impression on your visitors.

1. Have a well-designed website

You need to work really hard to make a good impression. If your website is easy to navigate, your visitors will spend more time on your store.

2. Use customer engagement tools

Your visitors might have a question so you need to have customer engagement tools (i.e. live chat and popups).

If you google, you can find many live chat and popup services. I would go with the one providing both of these services. Backtocart, for example, lets you activate both a live chat and popups with one code.

If you want only popups, Privy also has some good features. But having a live chat support is essential.

3. Choose unique products

If you just take some random items from Aliexpress, you won't get any sales. But if you choose really interesting and useful ones, you will have winning products.

For me, these are the three essentials every store owner should work on.

Hope my advice is useful. Let me know if you have any questions, I am always ready to help.

gordonchoi

Factors affecting a customer from buying a item on a website may slightly vary among websites in different industries. But in general, the factors include:

1 - Price (customers do compare prices among different competitor websites)
2 - The customer's trust to the website (or brand)
3 - Payment method (whether it is secure or not, because customers don't want to lose money or have their credit card info stolen)
4 - The browsing experience of the website - For example, the web pages can be loaded quickly, etc. The shopping cart actually works.
5 - Shipping time

There are more factors, but they are minor ones.

ishasingh

Factors that influence buying decisions help the customers in perceiving needs and finding ways to solve these needs. The decision processes and acts engaged with purchasing and using products is known as purchasing behavior, or the purchasing choice of the buyers. The factors that affect these decisions may be different for each individual. Key Factors that Influence Buying Decisions may be your family, social media, social status, Perception, Lifestyle and Values etc are an important determinant of consumer decisions.

kinjal

Purchasing decision of a customer will depend upon following factors:
1. Quality of a product or service.
2. Pricing of the product.
3. Other customer's feedback regarding the product.
4. Delivery timeline

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.