Is it possible to build a niche even if you don't know thing about it?

Harry P

Hey there,

Is it possible to build a niche even if you don't know thing about it? or you have to have knowledge about the niche you are planning to start with?
For example, I want to build niche about weight loss but I don't know anything about weight loss!

Please share your comments?

ulterios

Hi Harry,

You know, from my point of view I would say that knowing about the niche is a big plus BUT I don't think that's required to create a good site.

I think that as long as it's a quality site and has good information/content that is appropriate and accurate to the niche then that will be just fine.

One thing that you can do if you are considering getting into something that you don't know much about is to just do as much research as you can before you start the site and make sure that it's going to be something that you can stick with over time.

I would say that knowledge in a particular niche will make things easier for you, but if you are willing to do some research then you should be fine getting into something you don't know much about.

Good luck! :)

elcidofaguy

There's tons of niches that I've got involved in and from the beginning I didn't know much about.... Hence I do recommend as Ulterios mentioned that its worth spending time and effort on research... In my opinion the best way is along the lines of:

1) Understand the various subjects, topics connected... Organize it into categories, sub categories etc...
2) Read/join related forums, social groups and understand what the main paint points are...
3) Look at the competition and related products.... What is that the successful ones are doing with regards to sales copy, benefits etc...
4) Spend some time looking into keyword research and trends...

From the above develop a plan whether you are an affiliate or plan to be a vendor with regards to content, traffic etc ....

Hope that helps!

SEOPub

Yes.

99.99% of the people operating in the make money online niche actually don't know a thing about making money online.

Hawker

Hawker
LOL!! So very true!

My answer to the OP is the same as it would be for that.

Not knowing much about something doesn't mean you wont be successful with it.

A lot of people got the job not because of their experience and qualifications. But because of their personality & their passion.

If you have the right personality and an interest in and passion for the weight loss niche, then there is no reason why you can't become an authority on that subject at some point in the future.

Most people are just winging it! Most of them are just copying other people!

You learn on the go. But as long as you're passionate about it, then that is generally what is going to take you from zero to hero.

That, blood, sweat and tears, setbacks, let downs, hold ups, frustration, long lonely nights staring at you PC, tons and tons of reading, rereading, writing and more writing and button bashing so much so that the letters on your keyboards buttons are starting to fade before you even see anything become of it and you spend all this time tirelessly working away, trying new things, trying anything, just to get a slice of that pie so you can sit on a beach in the Bahamas drinking cocktails while your phone alerts you to a new payment every 5 minutes. Then 3 2 1 you're back in your room.

Sound familiar?

Seriously though, there are a lot of ways to learn about things today out on the information highway. This is the information age in fact!

One very good way is to use Google Alerts, set alerts for things like "how to loose weight" it will send you new articles and things posted on that that will help you see what other people are saying or doing on that subject for knowledge and ideas.

The other of course is just to search online for it. See what the top 10 sites are for "loose weight" etc in the SERPS. Look at their sites, see what they've done. Read their blog.

Join health and weight loss forums too. Find out what other people have been doing to help them loose weight. You'll quickly learn about many methods this way.

Article sites are another good place to learn about something because articles are very informative by nature as well.

But it's the same for anything, for any niche really. There's probably a wealth of information already out there on it.

Sometimes you gotta cut through the fat to get to the meat though.

A lot of them are just rehashes.

Hope this helps!

professorrosado

This depends on your goals.
If you are approaching the niche as a hobby, research project or personal rant and commentary site, then you do not need to have prior knowledge.
I like the idea of building knowledge as a blog content method. This would be the same as the case study sites / posts model. It would be very engaging and the comments would fly off the roof!

So this can work if you treat it correctly. I would start off the site with adsense unless you have a suitable offer that would appeal to the traffic that this content would attract. I think this method is harder than the standard "know your stuff" format.

But if you're looking to make money from this effort sooner than later, then you need to concentrate on that end of the equation. The question is: do you know how to make money from a blog? Do you know how to drive traffic that converts? Because this is where you will spend much of your time trying to achieve rather than your content and if so, that is a mistake. This is another reason most suggest to stick with niches you are passionate about, thus, reducing the amount of time and effort in content so you can dedicate to building traffic.

All is solved with a big bankroll - if you have it, you can have them come to a hole in the wall.

Equady

Everything is possible, so yes you can do it.

However, the key ingredient of success is knowing what you're doing, the hows and whys, a lot will go on until they run out of luck and they have know experience or knowledge to back it up, so they crash or hop to something new.

Don't be one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as any of them, but I'm finally starting to learn.

The pyramid wasn't built overnight and it wasn't built from top to bottom, if you know what I mean.

So before starting something, anything, it is always better to have a plan on how you'll end it, and/or what is the identifiable goal from starting it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Miguelito203

Hey there,

Is it possible to build a niche even if you don't know thing about it? or you have to have knowledge about the niche you are planning to start with?
For example, I want to build niche about weight loss but I don't know anything about weight loss!

Please share your comments?
Of course you can. More experienced marketers do this all of the time. It just basically means that you're going to be doing some research and picking up a new hobby. I went into the gardening niche because of a product I saw on t.v. For a little while I got really into it. After that, I was kind of done with it. There have been times that I've gotten into niches that I really like but have found they aren't as profitable as I originally thought they would be (new products didn't come out often enough more me). I still like doing some things as a hobby, though.

Joey

AbeloHost

Between not knowing and knowing there is a process called learning, which you can set in motion by doing research. You can't start a niche if you don't know anything about it, because you got nothing to say. But you can do the research and provide your readers a chewed-up version, because people don't like doing research themselves.

Gladiators aren't born. They're made. Same goes for weight loss experts. You have to start grinding my friend.

trongduy292

from my perspective I would say that knowing in regards to the specialty is a major in addition to BUT I don't surmise that is required to make a decent site.

I imagine that insofar as it's a quality site and has great data/content that is proper and exact to the corner then that will be okay.

One thing that you can do on the off chance that you are considering getting into something that you don't know much about is to simply do as much research as you can before you begin the site and ensure that it will be something that you can stay with after some time.

I would say that learning in a specific corner will make things less demanding for you, however in the event that you are willing to do some exploration then you ought to be fine getting into something you don't know much about.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.