Re-seller account help

EpicGlobalWeb

No sense in letting an opportunity for more money going to waste, so I made a host-gator re-seller account. This is the first time I've ever done this as a web developer and I have some questions I am hoping the community can help me with:

1. It is using WHM. The goal of this is to host my clients and give them their own amount of space and bandwidth. How do I set bandwidth for people?
2. Do I need to set a domain to the whm somehow? Can I set my own domain to it? How?

I don't need anyone to hold my hand through this process, I am mostly looking for a "prod" in the right direction followed by some reading material on what to do. I've done no special configuration to it yet and am real green about this.

I just realized it was probably very rude to say I bought a hostgator account on this forum. I apologize for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Localnode

While it is probably a bad idea to choose Host Gator (or any EIG host), it isn't hard to make a WHM account.
A lot of resellers would use a billing panel to automate this process, but if it's just for family and friends (or you don't have that many clients) you can easily do it.
It's best to show you how, than explain it.

Here's a video I made:

EpicGlobalWeb

First of all, thank you for your patience. I was able to configure that stuff you showed me - thanks. My new question is: what nameservers do I point my client's domains to?

And out of curiosity, why do all the pros hate EIG services?

MrT

MrT
Your welcome email from hostgator will have your name servers. If you're using those instead of setting up your own customer nameservers then that's all you need.

People that have been around, know that EIG hosting eventually turns to shit. It happens all the time. It took a while for hostgator to deteriorate, but EIG doesn't care because if people leave one of their hosting companies, chances are they'll change to another EIG property lol.

Its a publicly traded company, so profits are the most important for shareholders and wall street. Server cramming, awful customer service, etc.

EpicGlobalWeb

You guys just helped me out big time so thank you very much! I think it's only appropriate to ask about your hosting companies because it sounds like I will out-grow this one fast.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
The biggest thing to remember is, you need to use a hosting provider that will give you quality service, and quality support.

If/when you build your business to the point of having customers and making a profit, then you have a server outage, your customer will want it fixed right away. If you use a host that has poor uptime or takes hours to respond to tickets, you can kiss your business good-bye!

EpicGlobalWeb

I looked at your deal right after I bought it - I like the residual income you offer.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.