How have you get started in online business?

harrygreen90

Hi guys,

I would love to hear your stories about how have you got started your online business, how long have you been active and how your business is doing so far? :)

It is success or failed and what experience have you got from it?

WebmasterPhil

I got started around the year 2000 when Amazon help popularized Affiliate Marketing. But I never got that off the ground. Then I moved on to Adsense around 2005 when many people were making $100,000 from that. But then Google became more strict and made-for-adsense sites lost rankings in Google's search pages. Also, the Ad Blockers became very popular so Adsense doesn't show up in everyone's browser like it use to :( I then created an online business selling digital products and it's not as easy as the Adsense days but it's still emotionally rewarding.

I recommend people to consider starting a business on either eBay or Amazon.com, selling physical items. I have a friend who is making good money selling discounted products on Amazon.com. There's a book called "Barcode Booty" (by Steve Weber) that goes into more details about selling discounted products on Amazon.com in case anyone wants to know more about it.

Last edited:

datamaya

5 years back, it was actually a trivia plan to start the online business I have today. I was having a light and casual conversation with a friend (which is now is my business partner) to provide SEO services, just as a part-time business (my friend and I already had another conventional business at that time). We didn't expect anything, we didn't plan too much unnecessary strategies, we just did what we thought interesting.

To my surprise, it's then just growing. Not too fast, but steadily year by year. It was zero employee and I could only use virtual office as my business address since we couldn't afford to rent an office space, and now we have about 10 employees and an office space (though it's a small one) :)

From this experience, I learn one thing about starting a business:

If you have a business plan that you think it's interesting enough and you can make it happen, just do it. No need too much planning, calculations, what ifs, etc. Just do it bit by bit and let's see what happens.

learn2do

I started with a product launch website. I created an ugly site without any experience, and also didn't know how to SEO. The site stand on page 9 :). And I even didn't write my own review article, I copied it, that was a shame. Of course after few days, I got an email from Google, about DMCA. But i didn't know how someone could access my website and bought my product before that day, and that's the first money I get from online business. That was fun, and weird :)

scottgarza

Ecommerce is an excellent way for retailers in order to improve their bottom line and to promote their brand and business. So promoting ecommerce website is very important.

So would like to suggest few ways for promoting ecommerce site as mentioned below,

1. Promoting ecommerce products all over entrepreneur groups so as to make your product as well as your website much helpful.
2. Engaging more on social media sites such as joining in multiple facebook groups, Google plus group and promoting about your brand.

So suggest to follow these strategy and hope you find it helpful for promoting your ecommerce site.

To start up choosing ecommerce platforms and ecommerce software can check some services.

datamaya

datamaya
Not sure if those are effective internet marketing strategies nowadays, sounds like push-marketing and self-service promotion. People are bombarded by ads every day on social media sites, emails, groups, forums, etc, and using such push-marketing strategies is not effective strategy in my opinion.

shivaganguly

For starting an online business, the first and foremost thing you need to know is the requirement of the customer. Exactly what end user needs to satisfy their needs. With the help of your analysis, design and build an easy-to-use website. Use search engines to drive traffic to your site. Establish an expert reputation for yourself. Follow up with your customers and subscribers with e-mail. Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling.

Natasha_Williams

I think that the first thing which you need in order to start your online business is to find reliable partners, because if you decide to develop everything from scratch you need to be ready that it will require a lot of time and money. There are two main components needed in order to start a functional web-store: eCommerce software (to build a website) and payment software (to accept and process payments on your website).

I am aware of one eCommerce software that allows to build a Magento web-store in several simple steps plus they offer website hosting, unlimited e-mail accounts, multiple website themes (they are installed without any conflicts) and more.

As for a payment systems PayPal (or its alternatives) looks like the best option, because even startup businesses do not have any problems with merchant account opening. Usually their application are declined due to the low processing volume or no processing history.

Hope this information will help.

freehdwalls

I just started with a merchandise launch website. We created an awful site without any encounter, and also didn't discover how to SEO. The site stand on page 9. And i also even didn't compose my own review content, I copied this, that was a disgrace. Of course after couple of days, I got an email coming from Google, about DMCA. But i could not know how someone can access my web page and bought my own product before that day, and that's the first money My spouse and i get from online business. That was fun, and weird

Ron Killian

Started in late 1998. Did affiliate marketing for adult affiliate programs for just shy of 10 years. Sold off everything, all my domains while they were worth something, because the market was going downhill fast.

Switched to selling digital products and so glad I switched. Make more with less traffic. Also do email marketing (need to alot more), some blogging, and have a couple membership sites.

Several years back I was doing websites for offline businesses/clients but found it to be a real pain in the you know what. Don't do that any more.

Have several Kindle books, I need to get finished and posted.

Have been full time since I started except for about 8 months a number of years ago when I got burnt out. Took a job and did not take long to remember why I hated working for some one else.

Taylor1994

My stories is example :D.! Becaust i just started with ecommerce business 2 week ago ?.I dont know how long i can business with this. But I will try my best and never give it up .
I currently have a very hard start but equally interesting

imnathanjames

I started around 10 years ago. bought a site that i thought was legit. Not really knowing anything about working online. I spent about $800.
Completely ripped off. all i had to show for it was a domain. The files were hosted on his site and he cut all contact as soon as the payment was made.
I struggled with it for 6 months not making any money.Blew it off and concentrated on getting promotions in my 9-5.
Got laid of and returned to online a few years ago, dabbling in different things and making money here and there.
Most of my success has come from selling tshirts.

janejury

I started my first business three years ago and I made some mistake. Therefore, It failed and I nearly lost all my investment. This really gave me an useful lesson about how to hire staff and Online Marketing

ravi

I started out in 2006 so thats 10 years ago with blogging and then building websites and web applications, its pretty fun.

Muzzamil

Hi guys,

I would love to hear your stories about how have you got started your online business, how long have you been active and how your business is doing so far? :)

It is success or failed and what experience have you got from it?
For past since six months, I was struggling to make any money online but just couple of days ago, I have partnered up with some mentors in a online business. So far it's been going really well since my mentors are very skilled and have a lot of past experience. If there is anyone new here to internet business, I would recommend you to partner up with someone more skilled and more experienced. Just give them more money or do more work but do partner with someone skilled because you will learn a lot and then make money on your own. Good Luck!

FreebieBoy34

I started my online career as a writer, then I moved into website curation, then website development. After learning a lot from my previous stints, I created my own website, blog, and app. Then I decided to venture into affiliate marketing. And like all other affiliates, I too have experienced a couple of failures until I end up with the right network who provided me with the right tools to help me from making money...:)

Salmonjames

I should tell you that I haven't yet started. However, I would like to. I got inspiration from one of my friend who is running his own online business of leather jackets from Australia. I believe that he is true inspiration for me. So I feel that in an online world there's lot more potential.

So I would like to give myself free try first and if things got worked, I will then consider investing funds in it as well.
At the moment, Shopify, Magento are some of the forums that let me set up things for free. So still, I have to decide that what I choose.

Salmonjames

I have been trying to find something that is free. So guys please come up with suggestions. At the moment I have to chose between

Shopify
Magento &
Tibolli

Any one can recommend me that which one is better? Bear in mind the suggested one should be free.

Elisabeth Kuhn

I got started at least 10 years ago by selling my no longer needed books on Amazon.com, and kept doing that for years. Pretty soon, I started selling my writing and copywriting services (and still do, especially copywriting). Then I started selling and writing ebooks, including one on stress relief and one on how to sell books on Amazon.com Marketplace...

Currently, I provide online marketing consulting and services (esp. copywriting and help with Facebook & LinkedIn marketing), some affiliate marketing, and I'm ramping up my product creation for 2017, including writing Kindle books.

hynds

Currently I'm working as an affiliate marketer, cooperate with CJ, Amazon, ShareaShale to promote some advertising services and products. This is my fulltime job and this earns me enough money to pay my monthly bills :)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads