Building backlinks too fast, affect your keyword rankings?

Harry P

What do you guys think about SEO for Google, it will affect your keyword rankings if you build backlinks too fast? i.e 200 backlinks a day

Someone told that it's unlimited to build backlinks if they are quality but I don't believe that, Google could realize its abnormal if they build backlinks too fast, too much in short time, right? any comments?

WebClickIndia

I totally agree with you. If we focus on quantity rather than the quality then it definitely hamper the promotion.

rfharris

Yes, at the moment building too many links in short period of time can harm your rankings so you should always do your link building work at slow and steady pace.

harrygreen90

I totally agree with you. If we focus on quantity rather than the quality then it definitely hamper the promotion.
What will be happened if focus on both quantity and quality?

Yes, at the moment building too many links in short period of time can harm your rankings so you should always do your link building work at slow and steady pace.
Could you please show proof why building too many links harm to your rankings?

rfharris

rfharris
When you build too many links in shorter period of time, it doesn't look natural and google may gets an impression that you are using some automated methods to build links which is surely not gonna help your rankings.

hrishivardhan

Backlinks are one of the most important factor to rank your website on Google. but when it comes to backlinks then the quality of links are more important than the quantity. If you are building the links that are low quality, spammy, irrelevant then it will not make difference in your rankings because the trust level is low of these low quality sites.

datamaya

There's no clear clue of Google about the definition of "too fast" here.

I assume sudden increase in backlinks won't harm your rankings on Google, as long as they are natural, relevant, and from high-quality sites. A good example is the recent breaking news of Panama Papers. In a very short time after the news broke out, many authoritative newspaper sites linked to the main source (icij.org), and it's not harming the ranking.

SEOPub

When you build too many links in shorter period of time, it doesn't look natural and google may gets an impression that you are using some automated methods to build links which is surely not gonna help your rankings.
I'm sorry, but this is just baseless nonsense.

Getting lots of links in a short amount of time is just as "natural" as getting a few links per week. If I write a piece of content that goes viral on one of my sites, what will happen? Tons of links in just a few days.

In fact, I would argue that link spikes are much more natural than the stupid "only build X links per day" crap I see some people preaching.

brainsdigital

as the most said the quality is important than quantity but google every period change the algorithms.so you can build quality backlinks with a semi rate to make sure you will not get penalized when whatever happen. dont mess with google

WebmasterPhil

If your website is new, then yes, it would raise red flags cause Google will wonder why an unknown site will have huge surges of backlinks when it's not established. The safe bet is moderate increase over time. A good mixture of diversified backlinks also help make it appear more natural.

GlobalEdx

NO adding 200 backlinks in single day is spam.....According to google penguin update buying links,getting links from the link networks or getting links from nonrelated web sites comes under spam.so getting steady links from the related website are only considered by google.

micheallang

What you should do is "building quality backlinks, not focus on quantity". And don't build too much links at short time. It will hurt your ranking for sure, especially for new site.

Last edited:

samimnoorzaitgc

This is a lie.
Sure, it is.

What do you guys think about SEO for Google, it will affect your keyword rankings if you build backlinks too fast? i.e 200 backlinks a day

Someone told that it's unlimited to build backlinks if they are quality but I don't believe that, Google could realize its abnormal if they build backlinks too fast, too much in short time, right? any comments?
Quantity and speed never matters, even for sites younger than 3 months. Backlinks from high authority websites (High PR) related to your website's niche are always welcomed by Google. Relevancy and Authority of the link giving page are the common terms.

Well, let's assume it hurts, how you'll be able to provide 200 backlinks a day for your website? There might be something spammy behind all this. Myself can make an average of 3 quality backlinks with an anchor text a day. 200 backlinks a day could be "generated backlinks" that aren't fine. Backlinks can't be "generated".

Hope you understand.

UVM

It really depends on the quality of the backlinks.

I would say as long as they arent spammy, it wont hurt.

I personally like to space them out over a few weeks/months I have noticed that works best.

shivaganguly

Backlinks are the most important factor for SEO of a website. I don't think backlink can affect your ranking but yes if they are fake backlinks that will harm your website traffic rank. Backlinks from authentic sites are so important because Google rewards sites with a lot of backlinks from other high ranking sites or blogs. Other top sites will only point links to you if they are sure your site is worth it. In other words, only high quality sites succeed in getting links from other high quality sites. As you get more and more links, you get more and more hits on your site.

Gonzalus

I have a competitor who has a site with 17k backlnks (I use Ahrefs to check). The point is 99.99% backlinks of that site is from only 1 domain, a website that allow spam comment. And that site got 15k+ backlinks in ONE day, than 2k+ backlink in the next few days. It's a week ago and Google hasn't do anything yet (That site is on the first page now, top 6).
So, compare to 15k+ backlinks a day, I think 200 is an acceptable number ...

shaunm

How can Google workout it is abnormal? Look at all the websites out there each with their own unique pattern and then each of them all have unique posts on them again all with their own unique pattern.

Throw up some burner sites and do some testing and see what happens.

Judas2018

I doubt google cares how many back links a day you build or create. They're more interested in quality over quantity. As long as those back links are verifiable in that they don't link to spam sites, spam farms or blacklisted sites or domains... you should be fine. However, I'd also beware of services which offer 200+ back links a day. 200 a week sounds more authentic.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.