Looking for Web Hosting site

blando89

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone's day is going well. I am trying to create a website for my self and never really done one before. I am looking for a website to host my website. I already purchased my URL from Godaddy but I wanted to see what everyone thought on a good web hosting site. Looking for a site to help me build my website since I do not know much on building a website through coding.

Thanks again!

Tommy

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone's day is going well. I am trying to create a website for my self and never really done one before. I am looking for a website to host my website. I already purchased my URL from Godaddy but I wanted to see what everyone thought on a good web hosting site. Looking for a site to help me build my website since I do not know much on building a website through coding.

Thanks again!
Its easy to find a good web hosting, just check out this forum section

https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/102-Shared-Hosting-Offers

If you have a good budget and need a better performance for your website or to serve for huge traffic on your site, you will need a VPS

Here we go https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/131-VPS-Hosting-Offers

If you don't know more about coding, go with WordPress and choosing a theme from theme marketplace like themeforest, templatemonester..etc

or finding a good coder on the forum to do website for you.

Let us know what are your requirements for web hosting and your website?

Someone here can help you.

Good luck!

Just take note that most web hosting providers won't actually build your site for you unless you pay a premium web development company and also use their hosting services (if they offer it).

That being said, what sort of site are you looking to build (blog, news site, forum etc)? I'd be happy to offer my advice on the best way going forward.

mark-blockity

Hi! Google Cloud Compute offers now the cheapest VPS, you can have own for as little as $7/month. But it may be overkill for beginner.

RDO Servers

Hey blando,

Like Tommy said, you can find some great hosting deals in our offers section. Most if not all will include a simple web site builder with their hosting plans, however these systems do have their limits. Using WordPress and finding a free or cheap theme is great advice, and the way a lot of websites start out.

Best of luck to you!

blando89

If you have a good budget and need a better performance for your website or to serve for huge traffic on your site, you will need a VPS

If you don't know more about coding, go with WordPress and choosing a theme from theme marketplace like themeforest, templatemonester..etc

Good luck!
With WordPress i assume you can build your website with their themes etc and they host it?

Hey blando,

Like Tommy said, you can find some great hosting deals in our offers section. Most if not all will include a simple web site builder with their hosting plans, however these systems do have their limits. Using WordPress and finding a free or cheap theme is great advice, and the way a lot of websites start out.

Best of luck to you!
I am looking into doing social media marketing on the side to keep me busy and to help other business etc. I am looking for a site where i can take templates etc and move certain things around and make it how i want to look and then if possible they would host it. Hopefully i didn't lose you lol

SenseiSteve

There are a lot of ways you can go about doing this. With a program called Artisteer, you can design WordPress themes without knowing code then save and export them to a WordPress format (on your computer). If your hosting provider is offering cPanel, you can typically run a program called Softaculous and create a WordPress site on your account. You can log in to the WordPress site online and upload that theme from your computer, and then activate and customize it however you desire.

blando89

blando89
Thank you I will look into this as well.

Has anyone heard of HostGator? I been looking around and came across that.

ulterios

ulterios
Yes, they are one of the well known hosting companies. However, I wouldn't recommend them as they have had lots of bad things happening since they were bought out by a company called "EIG" a while back. EIG hosting companies are notorious for poor service, scams and just about everything else bad a web hosting company can do.

Two of their companies tried to extort me for 1000's of dollars (long story). I learned the hard way to stay away from a hosting company owned by them.

Google "EIG owned hosting companies" and at the top of the results you'll see some sites with lists of hosting companies owned by them. Avoid them all unless you like stress, getting scammed or having something else happen to you that's bad.

You can look through our marketplace and find some good hosts. Here's the link to that section:

blando89

Hmm back to the drawing board. Just looking for a good web hosting site where I can use themes or create my own and move things around in.

I started looking up reviews on web hosting and I saw a couple that look good but wanted to see if you heard of any of them or used.

InMotion, A2Hosting, SiteGround

ulterios

ulterios
I have used InMotion before, about 3-4 years ago. They seemed good and they have a good reputation from what I have heard. Siteground has a good rep as well, but I haven't personally used them. Never heard of a2hosting myself.

Just make sure before you buy to check if the company is an EIG owned hosting company (these aren't) and try to do a little research on them or ask around. Might help to avoid a headache down the road.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
Just be careful with review sites. Sadly most of the "Top 10" lists are simply affiliate links. Suggesting HostGator, Advice, Site5, and other EIG companies.

You could take a look at WebHostingGeeks.com which actually moderates the customer reviews.

Alex - A2Hosting
Thank you for considering us. If you have any questions about our service I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Feel free to reach out to me via email (signature) and I'll set you up with a good deal :).

Jovani

Hmm back to the drawing board. Just looking for a good web hosting site where I can use themes or create my own and move things around in.
I would suggest go with a freelancer to make your site, it will look better and more professional.

I started looking up reviews on web hosting and I saw a couple that look good but wanted to see if you heard of any of them or used.

InMotion, A2Hosting, SiteGround
Not ever tried these providers, I chose one from https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/102-Shared-Hosting-Offers and working as well for me.

Purres

Hi! Google Cloud Compute offers now the cheapest VPS, you can have own for as little as $7/month. But it may be overkill for beginner.
I don't think it is cheap like that. Have you used Google Cloud service?

Good luck!
i WOULD go with these suggestons, choosing a vps hosting provider and let them if they can also build your site or not. Some might be, because they were web developers.

mark-blockity

@Purres:

I don't think it is cheap like that. Have you used Google Cloud service?
It is $7, for 1 cpu 0.6GB RAM & 20GB SSD I paid $7.29

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 12.53.03.jpg

blando89

leeting you guys know i went with InMotion giving them a try right now i am working on moving stuff around and getting rid of certain stuff that i do not need in the themes. Right now i need to figure out how to get the best SEO for my website. If you have any ideas and good place to point me that would be awesome.

Thanks again everyone for your input on the web hosting.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views