My way of making money online - which worked and works well

mark-blockity

Hey Guys!

I will tell you what I did. When I started my experience with internet I tried to get money out of a lot of spammy schemes, all stuff you know.

Then tried to code something. Made a few odd systems that nobody used and after 2 years of learning php, css, html and mysql I registered on upwork.com (that time was odesk) and I did freelance. Starting $10/hour I ended up with $30/hour. This is nice, honest and good way of making money online. If you feel you have potential to code, try is. It is one of the best professions these days.

If you want to start now learn css, html & javascript

Happy coding!

dedica_manager

Good advice. Now, many programmed.
How much do you spend time to study?

mark-blockity

It took me 2 years of learning/writting few hours every day till I got first job as developer and I could say that was a breakpoint.

So 2 years from 0 to junior.

That was more 10 years ago and I selected PHP, MySQL, HTML & CSS. That was good choice because these skills were commonly demanded.

Today I do advice to focus more on Javascript, nodejs on backend and Mongo instead of MySQL, HTML & CSS is the must all the time :D

If you do not believe that js is everywhere.

Espruino is great, fantastic way to clear your mind from web.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberAlchemist

Hey Guys!

I will tell you what I did. When I started my experience with internet I tried to get money out of a lot of spammy schemes, all stuff you know.

Then tried to code something. Made a few odd systems that nobody used and after 2 years of learning php, css, html and mysql I registered on upwork.com (that time was odesk) and I did freelance. Starting $10/hour I ended up with $30/hour. This is nice, honest and good way of making money online. If you feel you have potential to code, try is. It is one of the best professions these days.

Happy coding!
Joining freelancer sites are a good way to earn money if you have good skills about programming or designing

Why don't you open a web company and using marketing techniques so that customers will find you?

Do you receive web projects instead of working per hour and get paid from that?

Miguelito203

I've seen a lot of data that shows that Javascript is one of the most in-demand things you can learn nowadays. I think I heard that it's got it's own database language or whatever, so you don't have to learn PHP, anymore or something like that. While the idea of being a programmer has always seemed cool to me, I've also come to realize that I'm the kind of person that would learn it because I had something specific in mind I'd want to create and market to the masses. I wouldn't just want to have those skills to have like a regular job.

Joey

mark-blockity

Joey,

I wouldn't just want to have those skills to have like a regular job.
This is one of the limited number of skills that allows you choose how you want to work. There are plenty offers on the market you can go ftom 8-16 and leave not giving a shit till next day. Also you can go online to upwork.com or other freelancing network and work onlinewhenever and wherever you want. Or you can start your own service but this requires time and money. Anyway web development / programming is the best way for getting money :)

Javascript (...) it's got it's own database language
If you mean mongodb - yes true, kind of :D I will whisper that MySQL is still better for basic web applications.

rfharris

Upwork is no doubt one of the best platforms for freelancers to get lots of quality work. At this time there are thousands of people working through upwork and making serious money. What all these number of people suggest that there are lots of jobs available here as well as lots of competition so at the start it may be little difficult to get the work so at the start, bid with reasonable rates to get started. ALL THE BEST (Y)

Lee06

Yes, Upwork is a great platform if you have some services to offer. Plus, you can also go on Fiverr to offer your services, and you will have more people interested.
A lot of companies are looking for SEO and web coders.

Cameron Hill

Yeah programming is great. I saw a lot of potential in the app store so learned Swift for a year and attempted to build my own app. It had to take a back seat for exams and rugby, but I would like to finish that. Probably won't get me rich, but I'm a finisher. I finish things I start.

Have you seen John Sonmez, at SimpleProgrammer? He has a YouTube channel and a blog, he's pretty big (in terms of followers, but he also does bodybuilding so physically too!) and offers great advice. Might be worth checking him out.

Cheers

Cam

SethTurin

I also recommend looking into software and other products that make building programs easier than learning entire coding languages, especially to get started. If you are starting from scratch, it is easier in many ways than trying to learn web coding. Also I think its interesting no one mentioned python yet. Definitely an easier-than-most language and also a good one for web devs!

Ergoprime

Hey Guys!

Happy coding!
The easiest way to earn money online is by offering something that you really good at. Whether it's coding, design, editing videos, promoting something or offering services. The trick is that you sell your knowledge AND a service. If you can something that not many other can, then sell it!

Xperienced

wow inspiring.I have written in my to do list the following; php,css,mysql and java.I wrote it over 4 years ago to start learning and I'm yet to start.I was just hit by your testimonial about learning from scratch.Please I need you to help me with a detailed approach to start learning.Although more recently I resolved to focus on learning python.Any advise is welcomed.

zeedollar

Having a programming skill is really important as business are always looking to hire talented coders. Sites like Upwork, People per hour, fiverr and freelance is a great place to find daily paying jobs. I actually have active gigs on fiverr and its a great site with lots of traffic. Again you can learn some online marketing skill and offer it to local businesses. You can easily make a decent income online but you have to invest to learn a skill.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.