I Really Dont Like This Forum Homepage Layout :(

datamaya

Hello,

I apologize if someone has already posted about this topic, but I've searched it and found none. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I'm really not comfortable with the layout and user interface of this forum, especially its homepage (I access this forum from laptop). It's too crowded and I'm especially much bothered by the drop-down menus and a lot of popups as I hover through my cursor. If many members feel the same, perhaps it's a good idea to take it into consideration to change the layout :)

Thank you.

Harry P

Hello,

I apologize if someone has already posted about this topic, but I've searched it and found none. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I'm really not comfortable with the layout and user interface of this forum, especially its homepage (I access this forum from laptop). It's too crowded and I'm especially much bothered by the drop-down menus and a lot of popups as I hover through my cursor. If many members feel the same, perhaps it's a good idea to take it into consideration to change the layout :)

Thank you.
Can you show a screenshot on your laptop for which you are viewing now?

It is hard to imagine for what you are saying...

I have no problem because I am using a PC screen 21+ inches.

ulterios

I only use a laptop myself and never felt the home page was crowded.

It's better to have elements there than to have blank space.

samimnoorzaitgc

Hello,

Thank you.
Agreed with you! The homepage is too crowded. I'm not saying to remove the stuff and leave just blank space, they should look better.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I designed it on my 27" monitor so it will view best on this size. I know forum homepage can view as well on 19, 21, 24" monitor or on smartphones and tablets.

But I know you will complain if you are using 13, 17 or 19 inches monitor, you can feel a bit crowded on forum homepage when viewing on these screen sizes.

If you don't believe in which I am saying then you can view this image https://www.webmastersun.com/images/wmsfullscreen.jpg

Zoom in to actual size. It is which I am viewing on my PC monitor...more spaces and look good? :D

Can say, designing homepage for 27 inches, can be a trend in the future when more people will use this screen size...:D <-- this is a joke and for fun! :DD:

Developer

@OP:

In my honest opinion, yes, it is a bit crowded, I will agree with that, HOWEVER, that, unfortunately, is the price we must pay to have front page access to all the useful bits and posts made throughout the site.

I am fortunate enough to have a 54" monitor (and yes, my wife said I could have it, she just didn't know I was using HER credit card to purchase it, LOLOLOL), so, there is plenty of white space on my monitor, however, I can understand what you are saying.

Once you get used to it, it is quite refreshing knowing you can look at all the most recent posts from the last couple days right from the home page with out having to navigate through so many boards...

Please give it some time, it will grow on it.

I couldn't imagine it being any other way now, it DOES grow on you and again, being able to see all the most recent posts at one glance right from the home page, is quite a time saver at times...

Reactions: wms

datamaya

datamaya
Agree, it's just a matter of time to get used to it, as what I'm now :)

Actually what I initially complained is not about its width, so I have nothing to do with screen size, but rather its crowded and unlike-forum feelings. Most forums' homepage have vertical list, while this one is using grid layout. But just like what you said, the PROS is I can easily access to any recent topics with single click :)

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Once you get used to it, it is quite refreshing knowing you can look at all the most recent posts from the last couple days right from the home page with out having to navigate through so many boards...

Please give it some time, it will grow on it.

I couldn't imagine it being any other way now, it DOES grow on you and again, being able to see all the most recent posts at one glance right from the home page, is quite a time saver at times...
I liked this point, its quite true. I could show 1 or 2 sections and make forum homepage simple as possible, it's very easy for me but as Developer said, I wanted to show latest posts so that everyone easily find what they want without more clicks into forums/sub forums. I know it has more stuff on homepage, I can decrease number of stuff on homepage if needed.

I did that because it saved time for me, for you...and just listed favorite/active forums on forum homepage so we can easily navigate the most active forums..

In my honest opinion, yes, it is a bit crowded, I will agree with that, HOWEVER, that, unfortunately, is the price we must pay to have front page access to all the useful bits and posts made throughout the site.
I agree with this, I know it is a bit crowded for forum homepage and I found some parts need to be improved to make homepage look better....Will improve/do this next time.

Thanks and cheers, :drinks:

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.