What is the difference between an article and a blog post?

Purres

Aren't they pretty much the same thing? Please share you

I want to know on SEO aspect. Which one is better for SEO rankings?

vishwa

According to me when you write something about a particular topic it is called article and when you publish it on your blog than it is called blog post. There is no difference between them.

ulterios

Basically an article is a written work that may or may not include images, though it would be mostly written content.

A blog post can basically be anything you post on a blog, including articles, image posts, infographic posts and so on.

PTTed

Aren't they pretty much the same thing? Please share your opinion.

I want to know from an SEO aspect. Which one is better for SEO rankings?
A blog post is simply an article published on a blog. There is no difference. An article can be a blog post and a blog post can be an article. A blog post doesn't have to be an article though. It usually is, but it doesn't have to be.

As far as SEO goes, there really isn't any difference at all because they are the same thing. The same SEO factors apply to it whether it is an article published as a blog post or an article published somewhere else.

sumit_sharma

I think there is slightly difference between article and blog. Article is all about a topic where you cannot promote yourself or anyone as but in the blog you can promote yourself or anyone as with images, pics and many more.

ruchisharma

An article is an extensive piece of writing, prepared in a professionals point of view, focused at describing a topic in an excellent detail. A blog post is a short piece of writing, usually in a 'conversational' style, focused at upgrading or instructing your visitors, or to kindle ideas and fascination in your business.

assignmenthelp

I'd say there are some differences between article post and blog post; Use of images, info graphs, videos and hyperlinks in body content.

RebeccaDooley

Article post helps for SEO ranking only but a blog post helps for the SEO ranking + traffic to your business. Using blog, mostly content according to your own opinion from which you want to generate readers retention on the blog while in article post, your opinion not allowed. Blog Length - upto 300words while in article 500words length you may use. In SEO terms, keywords are important in blog while in article, it's not important.

Rockk

Relating to me when you create something about a particular subject matter it is called document and when you release it on your webpage than it is known as blog post. There is no difference between them.

freehdwalls

I do believe there is slightly difference between article and blog. Article is about a topic where you are unable to promote yourself or perhaps anyone as in the blog you can enhance yourself or any person as with images, pictures and many more.

abhinav98

Well, not a slight but a vast difference is there in both the cases, you use article for providing promotional content whereas the blog is for informative purpose. always be aware what are you are using and for what purpose.

hikmat_tony

Article can carry the promotional content or blog will discuss only on the particular topic.

and article contains the big length than blog. both have same prospect of sharing the information but Article speaks in deep and blog speaks little bit.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.