Is blogging a very slow way of making money?

josh61

Many people are building their blogs with daily posts, this was really trending today. But if you ask bloggers in blogging communities, some will say the process of making money by blogging is very slow and need more patience, is this really true?

samimnoorzaitgc

It requires to set up the environment for higher profit, once you got your amount of monthly profit increased, no one can stop you. I must say, yes. It's requires to have a bit patient when growing up with it, but once you have done with it, you'll have quick earnings.

learn2do

Blogging is not for inpatient people. Unlike other MMO niche, running a blog mean you have to work hard without profit for a long time, 1 month, 3 months, or even more. Dealing with the think that "all your work could be worthless" is the hardest part of blogging.

Johnny Nguyen

Blogging for income not necessarily slow. You can study the current hot topic, writing about it, introduced in social networking sites. So if you have multiple accounts on social networking sites, why? You discover yourself.

WebmasterPhil

Blogging is a slow way if you do it manually or don't have a way to traffic in visitors by the 1000s. I recommend using an Auto blog software or plug-in if you don't like to write. Another way is to write your own content but create social media accounts and try to siphon off the traffic from those accounts.

Last edited:

MrT

Yes, blogging is a slow way to make money overall.

But think about it for a bit.... It's not the blogging that's the problem. It's building an audience, and growing that audience that takes time.

Look at Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income. He was already doing pretty well before he ever started his blog. Most people will struggle to make even 1-10% of what he did in their first year of blogging.

It's not an easy way to make money, and it isn't fast either. You need to be persistent AND consistent.

Ron Killian

This question like most of the other questions asked on this forum and many others has the same answer... it depends.

Depends on you and what you do with your blog. Too many variables for any one to give a legitimate answer.

As already mentioned, some bloggers nail it and make it big. But most bloggers don't and they just struggle for hits forever.

Not trying to be negative. Just SO many people blogging these days, SO many bloggers trying to get those visitors.

I am no blogging expert, but from my experience, and what I've seen, it comes to the content and building your audience. Crap or low quality content and not building an audience, then yes it will be slow and probably not profitable. So many bloggers do it wrong.

Nyshade posted a rant about content recently here:

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/13259-rant-you-re-doing-it-wrong

Miguelito203

Many people are building their blogs with daily posts, this was really trending today. But if you ask bloggers in blogging communities, some will say the process of making money by blogging is very slow and need more patience, is this really true?
It can be slow but doesn't have to be. It can also have a lot to do with what kind of site you plan on making. For instance, if you plan on making a larger site that has a lot of product reviews on it, those can take longer to rank. However, if you're going to make a site specifically for a product launch or something like that, it can be quite fast (in my opinion). The fastest I've made money from a blog I specifically created for a product launch (also good for testing out niches) --without a list -- is 12 days. However, not every site makes money.

On my larger site, it took me until like my third review before I saw any money coming in. I think that was like after 2 or 3 months. With that said, I was also focusing more on publishing articles (so it would look fleshed out and to add value so the people would want to stick around) more so than putting up review after review. I view larger blogs as more like a home -- something that helps to establish our brand, how people see you. I think every blogger should have at least one larger site (to withstand the search engine algorithm changes) in his or her portfolio and some smaller ones (for faster money).

Joey

vishwa

Blogging certainly takes time. No body can trust your one month blog. So, you have to work hard; adding quality content on regular basis is an important factor to sustain yourself in blogosphere. If you are impatient than blogging is not a good option for you to get started. Blogging takes time, consistency, knowledge in your niche and much more terms.

mrjock

Blogging is a very easy to way to earn money without much effort if you are great are creating and writing content.

How you make money from the blog on the other hand is the hardest part. AdSense, Sponsors etc can take a lot of time and effort finding and setting up.

rfharris

At the start it can be slow but once you have a well established with good number of subscribers and very good traffic then you can certainly make pretty good money with blogging.

thagar

With any craft you need to learn the ropes before you can expect to start making a lasting income. In a fairness tho blogging can be very slow at first but very rewarding too!

Rockk

It needs to set up the surroundings for larger profit, once you got the amount of monthly earnings increased, nobody can stop you. I need to say, certainly. It's needs to have a little patient the moment growing program it, although once you have finished with it, you may quick profits.

jaribhai

Initial process is very slow, can take more than a year or more to setup but once your'e finally setup than it becomes the source of passive income.

whland

Unless you're promoting your blog via adwords or other paid networks or really working hard at getting the free traffic then yes it can be slow.

It depends on your niche as well. Some niches pay more per click on ads so with some topics you can make lots of money with little visitors.

Other topics you might need thousands of visitors a day to make $20.00 a day.

I like to think of my websites as gardens. You plant the food and then after working in your garden and waiting for awhile you get the food you planted.

When I started my websites I knew they weren't gonna be making me a living on the first day or overnight.

But 4 years later after starting my webmaster forum I started making enough income to live off of.

And I still am making enough money.

I'm working on another website that I hope to be making even more money off of. And I know it won't be making money overnight.

Chad

Muzzamil

Blogging does take time but once you start getting people on your blog consistently, you can make far more money than any paid advertising. Once you start getting more people/traffic on your blog, google automatically ranks your website/bog high. Good Luck!

TrafficDues

It depends,
If you are focusing on SEO and building organic traffic and ranking then YES !! it will take time to start making money
however, using Ads network to promote your website can spread your website soooo much faster, making you money and generating sales a lot faster!!

I have read about one blogger who started making 5k from facebook ads, but also he is paying like 6k to facebook to run campaigns

rbmm

mrjock
Blogging is a very easy to way to earn money without much effort if you are great are creating and writing content.

How you make money from the blog on the other hand is the hardest part. AdSense, Sponsors etc can take a lot of time and effort finding and setting up.
Well if writing comes natural to you then blogging should be very easy.....

Making money is the harder part.

Sounds like you are contradicting yourself a bit. Blogging is either an "Easy way to earn money", or
"Making money is the harder part".

But that is not necessarily the question (or answer). Fast or slow, it depends on how long and hard
a person works. Also, what a person is doing to create traffic, make or deliver content, and the many
other things that go into making a successful website.

For some people, the money will never come from a blog. For others, the persistence and regular
effort will pay off - some in less time that others.

EpicGlobalWeb

I'm not so sure I would waste time blogging if it were difficult. But you have to understand, in my opinion, that blogging is really (in a business context) a form of advertising. In fact it is just one form of advertising, and you need many forms. The idea is to engage your audience and use the words and images to press their pain points and sell to them. Your blog is a giant sales pitch! And at the end of your "sales pitch" you need to call the reader to action in some way. You need to answer their questions when they search for you.

This is one problem long-tail SEO solves. If you have a page that's called "10 reasons why you should buy a website today" then you're likely to get a visitor who is interested in solving a business problem related to a web-based solution. Take advantage by tweaking your call to action in a way that answers that person's internal follow-up questions. For instance, a visitor for this page might next ask to himself "how much is web development from this company?" or "what kind of websites do they make?" You should have pages set up to answer these questions after. Don't just try to gain traffic willy-nilly - they should be very orderly in purpose.

It takes about 12 contacts before someone makes a buy decision. You can solve half of these contacts with the internet through blogging if you answer specific questions you believe your ideal customer will ask. Each page of your website should be optimized for conversions as well as SEO by offering a call to action that:

1. Answers an internal question you believe the customer will have
2. Collects an email address & phone number for later marketing
3. Processes a payment

Make sense?

Last edited:
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views