How to Monetize 100k pageviews a month gaming website

Antonion991

Hello dear community.
I am a site owner and started this little business recently, just 3 months ago.
What I have:
1 website in gaming niche
This is part blog and part browser arcade platform (not flash)
100k pageviews monthly, mostly USA, Canada and EU countries
Also, I am about to start one in-browser server for a 3D FPS game and a marketplace. Both things are as concepts by the moment, no implementation.
I have not earned a single dollar yet with my little business.
No registration forms, No Landings, No affiliate programms, neither Ads yet.

Please guide a noob how can I monetize my website and what should I look at? How much income can my website produce?

I plan to have these results by this summer:
0.5-1M pageviews monthly, USA, Canda, EU.
Provide a registration form and convert visitors to registrations (have no idea what to do with them next).
Try Google Adsense and some gaming-related Affiliate program.
Create a Webforum community for game developers (not sure what next with this).
Try to create a marketplace for gamers/game developers (again, no strong plan on monetization and outcomes).

Any ideas and corrections?
Thank you in advance guys.

Ron Killian

First off page views is not an accurate metric to gauge your real traffic. One visitor could generate 20 page views of more. You need need to be keeping an eye on unique visitors, that is a real traffic measurement. There is probably a vast difference between the two numbers. You might not have as much traffic as you think. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

I think page views is used so much so people can inflate their traffic numbers. Making them appear to be more popular that they really are. More a buzz word if you ask me.

I am guessing your site(s) offers free games, right? If so, you might have a hard time getting people to pay as you might be attracting more freeloaders or freebie seekers. Not to say they won't pay, just "might" be tough.

So, an idea might be to go with CPA (cost per action) affiliate programs. If you don't know what they are, they are affiliate type programs that pay you per lead. Meaning the person does not usually have to buy anything, they just need to complete some kind of action. Maybe they have to submit their zip code or email address and you still get paid for each action completed.

I just checked on offervault.com, there are over 1700 game related offers. (thanks to some one for recently posting that site on this forum).

Seems that would be a good fit for you.

I personally am not a fan of adsense. It's low paying and you have little to no control over the ads. Course that is my opinion, I know others on the forum would disagree. Though might be good for the games niche, I don't know.

At the very least you should have some kind of newsletter. Maybe something that gives gaming news, new additions to your site, updates ect. And in each newsletter you could plug CPA game programs. If they allow email of course. And with a newsletter it could be a way to get people back to your site.

Just my thoughts.

Mike_Brown

Hello dear community.
I am a site owner and started this little business recently, just 3 months ago.
What I have:
1 website in gaming niche
This is part blog and part browser arcade platform (not flash)
100k pageviews monthly, mostly USA, Canada and EU countries
Also, I am about to start one in-browser server for a 3D FPS game and a marketplace. Both things are as concepts by the moment, no implementation.
I have not earned a single dollar yet with my little business.
No registration forms, No Landings, No affiliate programms, neither Ads yet.

Please guide a noob how can I monetize my website and what should I look at? How much income can my website produce?

I plan to have these results by this summer:
0.5-1M pageviews monthly, USA, Canda, EU.
Provide a registration form and convert visitors to registrations (have no idea what to do with them next).
Try Google Adsense and some gaming-related Affiliate program.
Create a Webforum community for game developers (not sure what next with this).
Try to create a marketplace for gamers/game developers (again, no strong plan on monetization and outcomes).

Any ideas and corrections?
Thank you in advance guys.
Shoot me a PM with your site URL and I'll get my team to have a look.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.