Blog Page how to question

blando89

Hello everyone. Hope your weekend is going great!

I created a separate page for my blog on my wordpress/website but i want to have it look nice not just a post after another. Just wondering how to add a theme to it so its more neat etc.. But i am not sure if i were to add a theme that the post would know where to post the text on the page. Any ideas on how i can do this or an article that gives the steps?

Thank you!

Developer

Installing a good looking theme is as simple as searching Google for something like "Free Wordpress Themes", uploading it to your website and installing it. The theme itself will do everything for you in regards to where and how to place your posts. If you need further (1-on-1) assistance, please feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

Ron Killian

Sorry, I don't quite get what your asking. There are plugin's that will let you add different theme's for different pages, but it's not done that often. Not that's I've ever seen. Most people use one theme per site.

Of course you can style your posts with images, different font's or sizes, colors, ect. There are also shortcode plugins that give you even more post or page styling options.

Maybe if you explained it differently. Or I am doing dense today.

On a side note, you did not have to start a new thread. You could have just asked it in your other post. :)

Developer

Developer
In his/her defense Ron, s/he did ask it in the same thread, BUT, s/he also then DID create a new post (lol) so I deleted the question in the other post and added the link to the NEW thread as well. Sorry for any confusion, but since Blando did create a new thread, I figured best to leave only one and link to the other to avoid multiple (possible contradictory and confusing) responses.

vishwa

If I am not wrong than you might ask about some type of theme builder for WordPress. So, you can try Genesis or Thesis to create and design your Own WordPress theme. hope it will help.

blando89

Thank you i will try that out. Sorry for the confusion i created another thread so if someone had the same issue as me thought it might be easier for them to find it. What it looks like now for the seperatae blog page is just blank so i would want to make it more neat and pictures etc.

This is what it looks like now just plain page (image) At the top there is a Grid Block i can add which is like a template just have to edit it etc. I was just not sure if i stuck a template in there that the blog post that i post for that day would show up on the right spot on that page. Blogpost.jpg

Developer

OK now, what you're talking about is a different subject matter all together -- sort of.

The screen you are showing in your screenshot is of the blog post editor. The theme of the site will not display there, that is only to allow you to enter/write your post.

Each post will display properly within the theme you choose. However, to ensure everything looks correct, you should always "Preview" your post before you "Publish" it. By previewing it first, you will be able to see exactly what it will look like and make any changes you see fit.

Ron Killian

You keep posting images of your editor, only you see that, your visitors don't. Maybe if you posted a link to an actual page, or the site, it might help.

What most people do is find a theme they like and that comes with the layout they like, features, ect, and use that for the entire blog/site. Then for pages and posts you can dress them up all you want with images or by formatting the text. I'd think using different theme's could confuse visitors.

I use a plugin called "intense" it gives me a ton of shortcodes to style my posts or pages It's not the only one. Thrive content is another one. Just some ideas.

Developer

Joey beat me by 4 minutes :)
Nener nener nener :p
You keep posting images of your editor, only you see that, your visitors don't. Maybe if you posted a link to an actual page, or the site, it might help.
I second that as well. Please post a screenshot of the actual blog post page, or the name of the theme or simply your blog URL and we can have a look-see.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.