Design Wordpress Theme With No Programming Skill

learn2do

I always use prebuilt Wordpress Themes on my websites, but sometimes I want to change few thing on the interface. I have design skill, but can I create a WordPress theme myself with no programming skill? I don't need to add any special features, just a common WordPress theme with my interface. Can anyone provide me some hint?
Thanks in advance.

Developer

I am always changing things up on many of my blogs, including many of the design elements. The easiest way to do this is to install a 2nd copy of WP somewhere that only YOU will know about. Shut off all the pinging and noise makers as it will only be used/viewed by you.

Then, download a simple theme and install it. Go into the theme editor and check things out. View all files to see what does what and what page displays what info. Then, mess around a little. Have some fun. You're not going to ruin anything because it is just for development and testing purposes anyway.

WebmasterPhil

The problem with using prebuilt theme is that it can be hard to tweak them per your specification. The themes are bloated with source codes that only the original designer knows first hand where and what everything is. So it's going to take some time to decipher the tons and tons of CSS in the WordPress files.

I had this favorite theme one time where I was able to tweak 95% of it but the remaining 5% left me frustrated. Fortunately, I was able to get into contact with the developer and she kindly helped me figure the rest out. God bless her soul..

Anyone who is using a prebuilt theme for WordPress, my best advice, make sure you can get in contact with the developer before using it. You never know when you will need to make adjustment for it.

Developer

Yes, 90% of themes are "bloated", however, a simple, basic theme, even if hosting a few extra non-necessities, should be simple enough to alter and edit to fit your exact needs.

@Learn2Do, if you need some help with this, PM me and let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand if I can be of any assistance.

brainsdigital

well think there is a plugin I think its can help you-you can get it from code canyon called visual composer its a plugin for drag and drop you can search for a good theme and use the plugin to edit the colors back grounds and maybe animations.

PatrickT

Sure you can, but knowledge of coding can be helpful, otherwise it would be hard and will take a lot of time, depends on you goal, wordpress has a lot of themes, maybe you should just use one of them?

vishwa

You can use thesis or genesis themes. Both themes have lots of expandable features and you can create your own child theme with your own css and styles. You can customize these themes without having issues. genesis also have extender plugin called "Genesis extender" which allows you to edit 100's of hooks in your WordPress theme. Hope this will help you.

GabrielVeedKit

I always use prebuilt Wordpress Themes on my websites, but sometimes I want to change few thing on the interface. I have design skill, but can I create a WordPress theme myself with no programming skill? I don't need to add any special features, just a common WordPress theme with my interface. Can anyone provide me some hint?
Thanks in advance.
Did you try to use Avada + Visual Composer? :)

Markadler

Thanks in advance.
Of course, it is possible to create Wordpress theme with no programming skill, you can use a theme framework to do that.

I searched on this forum and found a post can help you https://www.webmastersun.com/thread...nsive-wordpress-theme-by-drag-amp-drop-blocks

Did you try to use Avada + Visual Composer? :)
You are right, using Visual Composer can make everything easier in building a custom WP template.

kim16

Definitely true. Tried prebuilt a year ago. My problem here is whenever I want to customize something to my heart's delight, I always end up having myself to content with whatever is offered by prebuilt. I guess a bit of backgrounder on frontend coding is necessary these days.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.