Which factor of backlinks is more important, high traffic or high DA?

learn2do

Hi there,
I have a question. Which backlinks are more valuable in ranking a website, links from high traffic site or links from high DA site? Between websites having high DA but not so active, and websites having high traffic, which site should I choose to put backlinks on? Assume that both sites are relevant to my sites, have real traffic and is not spam.

WebmasterPhil

There is no easy answer for that, especially pertaining to SEO. Only Google and Bing knows their algorithms better than anyone. Both, high traffic and high DA, are valuable in the eyes of the search engines. Although in recent years, high DA sites gain traction because the search engines became too wary of webmasters who goes out of their way to increase their backlink count.

I think you should pursue both strategies. Anything that makes the backlinks look natural (no set pattern) is key. In the case of high traffic, just make sure your visitors don't bounce because that can be a detriment - so sticky content is a must have.

SEOPub

Neither one makes a difference.

DA is highly inaccurate, and even if it was accurate, it has little to do with the page that your link shows up on. It has to do with the domain as a whole.

A high traffic page doesn't make the links on the page any more or less value purely for rankings. It can be beneficial for direct traffic if the page has a lot of visitors, but that is it.

ruchisharma

Work for traffic and not for backlinks because in most instances you are simultaneously building backlinks. There is no offense in piling up backlinks to your blog but in my point of view, ignore backlinks and perform for traffic. Keep in mind, you are also working for backlinks as you are generating traffic so no matter what, backlinks will still come.

assignmenthelp

If question about ranking, let me tell you & all webmaster must aware that there is no specific way to achieve ranks. For backlinks, we all know quality must so keeping on quantity & quality, SEO guys can go up with any way whether back link coming from high DA or High Traffic sites. Because, you have no authority to count how many backlinks are required to get rank. So, both are essential; your job is to find out which side is getting more valuable.

alastairbrian

Well, to improve SEO rankings DA of site is most important from which you are going to take backlink. High DA site will share its Juice to your site and hence ranking will improve.

puneet85

wow:bash:

You mean DA is more important or Website with high traffic is import the question itself tell that you are talking about ranking of your website by taking backlinks from such web site.

Man DA is nothing forget about it

HIgh traffic website even giving backlink to you does not make a difference unless and until its relevant to your website ,
And let us suppose you try to make backlink from a web site having highest traffic what for users there are so many options there so

I mean if lots same business making backlinks from that business how will you get noticed

You start working for traffic of your website rather than rank .. in sometime you will get up in ranking too along with traffic and authority of your website will be also improved , try blogger outreach of niche business make friends and promote shareable content

think it too.

rfharris

Both are definitely important but I think DA is more important.

jaribhai

The answer isn't so easy. DA algorithm is different from Google algorithms so the answer can't be given with perfection. However you should concentrate on both, high traffic sites can provide you unlimited direct traffic.

Rockk

Nor one makes a difference.

DE UMA is highly inaccurate, as well as if it was correct, it has little related to the page that your link is found on. It has to perform with the domain in general.

A high traffic web page doesn't make the links on the page anymore or less worth purely for ratings. It can be beneficial for immediate traffic if the webpage has a lot of site visitors, but that is this.

markbatham

Folk,

I think if the site has higher DA but offers No-Follow back-links then this link is worth less, which will not help you to rank well in search engine.
And I'm agreed with your that that there should be quality of work.

I don't think so that building link on a site having great traffic will benefits you more. As this is totally depends upon on which page you are building link and how much people are interacting on that page. Isn't it?
For Example - You know Ezinearticles and Hubpages have good traffic but through your publish content how much you are getting referral traffic from these sites?

vaughn

Backlinks form high traffic sites useful to get more traffic to your site as well as High DA site can boost site in search engine. So back links from both sources are important.

wittycookie

There is few website have good traffic but can't give link easily. So I think you focus in high DA websites.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.