99¢ Domain Name Registrations

Developer

Every Thursday, at approximately 5PM EST (3:00 PM MDT),
Name.com hosts a "Happy Hour" in which they offer some
cool deals. This week, the first 1,000 NEW* customers
can purchase a new .com or .net domain for just 99¢.

The following is NOT an affiliate link, it is a straight link
to their Happy Hour promo page. Be sure to bookmark
it for this coming Thursday and every Thursday from
here on out (until they stop it of course).

[URLnofo]https://www.name.com/happyhour[/URLnofo]

I am not posting this in the special offers or marketplace
sections because this is not something I am promoting,
sort to speak. I just figured I'd let everyone know about
the offer.

Again, that is not an affiliate link and I am not receiving
ANY compensation by promoting this offer. I am merely
offering up some information which others may benefit
from or want to know about.

---

*: This promo is only available to NEW customers only, however,
a simple work around is to create a new account and (if possible)
use a credit card you have not used with them previously. I'm not
quite sure what extent they go to, to check whether you've bought
from them in the past or not, but setting up a new account with a
new CC and email address should be enough.

samimnoorzaitgc

Ah, thank you friend! Do they allow PayPal method? If not so, we could have buy it from Godaddy. Right? They offer with the same price.

ulterios

ulterios
Yes, they accept Paypal. They are pretty easy to deal with if you need support as well. Not as good as some of the others, but way better than some.

That offer the "D" listed above changes from week to week. Usually the .com and .net deal comes around every 5-8 weeks. They have different ones every Thursday.

It's best to use that deal for the .net domains because the other good registrars don't do .net's for about a dollar. There are lots more deals for cheap .com's than .net's.

Just be careful if you decide to open a second, third, etc. account to get the deal. Name.com has been known to freeze an account pending verification later down the road if they think you use a second account just to get a deal. Same as GoDaddy, their so-called fraud teams can be a bit jumpy. ;)

Developer

Ulterios, thank you SINCERELY for that very helpful and insightful post. I have only used them several times myself (enough to know they are OK to deal with), but not often enough to know that much about them, so, seriously -- thank you VERY much for the information you have provided. Very helpful indeed.

Reactions: ulterios

ulterios

ulterios
You are most welcome my friend. I've spent so many years and used so many different registrars that I know the ins and outs of most. Name.com is one that has always been good to deal with and they have a good rep in the domain world. They aren't one of my main registrars that I use, but it's not due to service. I just get better prices elsewhere and when you have as many as I have (and used to have) then saving a few dollars or more really adds up.

If there registration and renewal prices were cheaper I would use them more, but they do have real good service and support.

This "Happy Hour" of there's used to be only for domains when it first came out a while back, but every once in a while they throw in a non-domain product, though not always $.99 but still a real good discount.

Developer

Developer
You're preaching to the choir on this one. With more than 400+ domains either owned and/or managed under my belt currently, and literally thousands through the course of the last umpteen years, I know EXACTLY what you mean... At the rates people like you and I register domains, even just 25¢ or 50¢ here and there can add up to hundreds, even thousands of dollars, never mind how much we can save when "Dollar Days" (99¢) come around, so I know exactly what you mean.

Developer

Just out of curiosity, did anyone take advantage of the 99¢ domains?
If so, come on and spill the beans, what domain(s) did you register
and why? Better yet, what are your plans with your newly acquired
virtual property?

ulterios

ulterios
I would have if they let people who have used a code in the past use another. This is one of their downfalls for being a previous/current customer. One code for the life of the account sux!!! :bash:

It would be nice if it was something like 1 code per month, per quarter, etc... The only decent code that can be used more than once is their privacy code.

How DARE them not let me get something for cheaper than they pay for it multiple times!!!! :dancing2:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.