Google Is Not The Only Target In SEO, Is That True?

learn2do

Google is not the only target In SEO, is that true?
Recently, I've read a SEO article, and the writer talks about this topic, with some interesting evidence. Honestly, I agree with him. As a matter of fact, SEOs need to explore different strategies for increase traffic which dont just rely on Google. There are two main reasons that were mentioned:

1. The presence of alternative search engine - not only old search engines like Yahoo or Bing, but other local search engines, or fast-growing search engines (like DuckDuckGo etc).

2. The grow of marketing opportunity - Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, of course people doesn't use Google search box to search information in these networks.

Will social media, or maybe a young search engine become the new Google? Should we spend most of our time to SEO on Google like before?
Do you agree with these ideas?

WebmasterPhil

Google and Bing are the only search engines worth considering for website owners. Together, both top out at around 90% or more of the market.

The social media companies have their own criteria for ranking high within their internal search engines. So in a sense, yes, Google is not the only target; we must figure out how to rank high on social media platforms using our social media material.

Good post, learn2do :)

Mike001

That is oh so true. Social Media has become a big marketplace for all of us web developers to spread the word of our endeavors.

Facebook is a big one but one that gets overlooked often is Google+. That is really beginning to come into its own and there are tons of people on that network and the beauty is that they are broken down into communities.

That breakdown makes it much easier to target specific groups of people with your marketing. I have taken many of my customers onto that platform and grown their businesses quite quickly by targeting those communities.

WE are faced with so many options now it is sometimes hard to keep up. The marketplace is growing at a tremendous rate and it will be amazing to see where we are in 10 years. To put it in perspective look where we were just 10 years ago.

Mike_Brown

While Google is far and away the lead search engine, it is worth considering others such as Bing, Baidu and Yahoo. Even DuckDuckGo is growing in popularity. You could even consider it 'easier' climbing these search engines. So theoretically, it is possible to obtain more traffic from the non-Google search engines if targeted correctly.

samimnoorzaitgc

Oh well, you're right. :D
When we say SEO, we're talking about search engines that includes all of them not just Google.

We should make our websites SEO friendly, and that makes the work for every search engine.

Unique content, better design, mobile optimized pages & etc will be OK with almost any search engine.

Just be SEO friendly!

Thanks

datamaya

In my own business, SEO (Google to be more specific) is one of my very important lead generators. But, as we know it, it's very uncertain, keep-changing, unpredictable, and highly competitive. Today you may rank on page 1, the other day you lost to nowhere.

That made me realize that relying my marketing strategies solely on Google SEO could be dangerous for my business in the long run.

I also use social media, PPC ads like Adwords, Facebook ads, etc, but interestingly my 2nd most-effective marketing channel that brings most customers comes from offline, not online. It's the repeat orders from existing clients and referrals.

In today's world where everything is internet and everyone is talking about digital marketing, we sometimes forget the classic offline marketing: serve your clients at your best, and enjoy the repeat orders and referrals.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.