How to build an email list in WordPress?

lkovnih226

I need a plugin can help visitors subscribe to my wordpress blog easily. What's name of this plugin?
Just curious where should I put subscription box on my site, blog sidebar or footer?

Developer

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of mailing list plugins available. Which one you should download and use depends solely upon your exact needs. Your best bet would be to figure out exactly what you think you will need and the search both wordpress and Google for "mailing list wp plugins" and scour through the descriptions to see which one would fit YOUR needs.

As for where you should put it, again, that depends on what you are using them for. If you are looking to create one general list, I would place one within the sidebar for sure, as well as either at the top of bottom of a few pages/posts as well. I would also consider using some sort of on-exit popup/modal strategy as well. If you're looking to build individual lists based on the posts regarding specific niches, well, the best place for those would be within the specific posts.

Since every site and every person has different needs, wants and expectations, you may want to test things out for a while, placing different forms in different locations to help assess and determine what gets YOU the results YOU are seeking.

Building a successful list properly, like anything, will require the right tools, a little work and lots of patience, especially when first starting out. It can be daunting and frustrating at times, but once you get the knack of it and figure out what works for you, your site and your needs, it will become easier and easier and will definitely be worth it all in the end.

brainsdigital

if you are talking about mail list through subscribe so you can use 2 plugins free (contact form 7 and Mail Chimp extension for contact form then you can integrate them together to have a subscribe form so if anyone subscribe the mail will be listed at mail chimp automatically

Ron Killian

Developer gave some great info. As always.

I wanted to add, there are also plugins for most any autoresponder service, so you can use that to search for one as well.

Also, if you don't need anything real advanced, you can simply create an opt-in box with your autoresponder service and place them about anywhere. No plugin needed.

I personal really like Thrive leads, does so much more than just opt-ins.

On a side note, Mailchimp does not like many marketing aspects, so if you selling, you should stay away from them.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.