Best places to put Adsense ads on your blogs for Max. CTR?

arindamb

Adsens is one of the best methods to monetize your blog/website where you put adsense on your website and earn money whenever a visitor click on it. From your experience what are the Best places to put Adsense ads on your blogs for maximum CTR?

Developer

The answer to this question varies on several factors. Depending on the type of ads you're displaying (text or image) and the type of site you have, will determine the best ad placement for you.

If you have a niche specific site, ads placed almost anywhere could be beneficial whereas if you're covering many different topics, niches or sub-niches, they would probably work best if you tie them into individual posts. Placing contextual ads within the sidebar may be a good idea, but I personally think Google Ads (or any contextual ads for that matter) look "hinky" and out of place (just my opinion though).

Whenever I have used gAds in the past, I would always use them within actual posts and pages and make them fit, look and feel like they belonged. I seemed to get better results (CTR) that way as it didn't throw off the flow of the article and it looked like it belonged.

The trick there, however, is to keep a close eye on the ads G will show. If any contradict with the content of your article and/or site in any way, you will want to stop that particular ad from showing in the future.

As with everything, it would be wise to test different ad placement strategies as the results will vary with every blog. What works well and looks nice for my blog may be just what dies out on your blog. What works on one site may not necessarily work on others' blog sites.

Miguelito203

Adsens is one of the best methods to monetize your blog/website where you put adsense on your website and earn money whenever a visitor click on it. From your experience what are the Best places to put Adsense ads on your blogs for maximum CTR?
From what I've been told, you should try to have it "above the fold," meaning that the visitor should see ads before they have to scroll. However, it can also depend on the layout of your site and the length of your written content. You also shouldn't put adsense on pages where you plan to promote affiliate products. Adsense drives traffic away from your site, and an adsense click pays less than an affiliate commission would.

Joey

WebmasterPhil

Normally the leaderboard header is ideal. Then probably the left-hand column or top middle column.

Also good idea to put a small rectangle ad immediately below each of your blog posts.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.